Chapter 17 :)

Despite the long week, I found it very hard to fall asleep. My mind had become a maelstrom, relentlessly flinging out thoughts of Louis and the boys. Part of me wanted to go back to him, but the other part wanted to yell at him for not telling me that he was leaving. I guess I knew that he would leave, but I thought we'd have more time together.

Stacey was already sound asleep and the Tv kept playing. The station it was on showed nothing but dramas and I wanted something else to watch and distract me.

I grabbed the remote and turned the channel. There were cartoons, reruns, CSI shows, and then the news. As I was clicking through the channels, I could've sworn I saw myself. At first I thought it was my drowsiness catching up to me, but then I remembered that I could've very possibly been right.

I turned the station again, and there was a full image of my face resting on Louis shoulder outside if the mall. His arms were wrapped around me in security and my eyelids gently closed over my eyes. The reporter was blabbing on about upset teenage girls due to the new pictures and Louis and I. I couldn't believe how nosey people were.

I grabbed a pillow and hurled it at 'Sleeping Beauty' in the corner, who was catching flies and had her arm draped over her forehead, dramatically.

"Stace!" I whispered.

She jumped up in alarm and looked around the room frantically. "What, where, huh?"

I rolled my eyes and jabbed a finger at the Tv screen. "Look!"

She yawned and moved her eyes towards the screen. Her eyebrows raised and she gave me a somewhat frightening smile.

"Well, would you look at that."

She sat up more and cocked her head to one side, listening intently. Then she looked at me and winked. "You're cute together."

I sighed. "Really?"

She grinned cheekily, reminding me a bit of Harry. "Really. Are you sure you can't still catch him?"

I shook my head. "I don't want to. If I did, I would get my hopes up and just be disappointed again. I hate feeling empty like this, but he'll only make it worse somewhere down the line."

"Well, I understand. Don't feel bad, paparazi can be a bitch."

"Yea. I can see that."

I turned the Tv off, finally settling down. "I'm going to get some sleep before tomorrow. School should be more fun than usual."

Stacey slumped back down. "You can say that again. 'Night."

"'Night."

Finally, I was able to sleep.

*****************************************************

Stacey's alarm clock trilled in my ear at five o'clock in the morning. I groaned and rolled onto my back, which ached from twisting and turning on the floor all night. I rubbed my eyes and blinked them open. The alarm kept sounding.

"Stace!" I whispered. No reply.

I sighed and fumbled around for the clock, judging it's whereabouts from where the sound rang, in the dark room. My hand collided with what I think was her thigh.

"No, I don't wanna get up," she groaned.

"Sorry, Stace. Where's the alarm?"

She whined and sat up, reaching for her bedside table. There was a slight 'ding' and the annoying noise came to an abrupt halt.

I sighed with relief and then looked at Stacey with an exasperated expression. "Why did you have it set for this early?" I demanded.

Stacey got up and flicked the lights on. "We have to get you an outfit."

My eyes narrowed. "What do you mean?"

A faint smile reached her lips. "I'm picking you out a new outfit for school today."

"But why?"

"Because."

"Seriously though."

She threw up her hands and turned away. "I thought it would be fun, if we get ready fast enough, we can get to the store at six and then leave whenever we're ready. It's really not that far from school, and who even cares if we're late?"

Forfeiting, I stood up and said, "okay. Can I borrow a hairbrush?"

She bobbed her head and fished out a couple brushes from her cluttered closet. She threw me a brush.

"Thanks," I muttered.

"Sure," she said. "Also, I have a brand new toothbrush from the dentists and the toothpaste is in the closet above the sink. And one last thing?"

"Yea?"

"The shower is weird. The cold is actually hot and the hot is cold. I don't know why, maybe they just labeled it wrong or maybe the water's just messed up. But you'll get it."

I nodded and walked lazily into the bathroom across the hall. The rug was pink and frilly and everything was nice and neat. I was just being spoiled this week, with the hotel, the dinner, the gifts... and Louis.

I slammed the door shut and shrunk to the ground, the world gyrating endlessly. I applied pressure to my forehead with the bottoms of my palms, squeezing my eyes shut. A piercing headache spilt through my skull, like a searing hot rod had punctured through my head. It was like I couldn't breathe, like my head was trapped in a balloon full of water. Lights danced outside of my eyelids like disco balls. But as fast as it came, it fled.

I slapped the floor with my hands and sat up a little. My hair was in my eyes and I couldn't see. My breathing came in shallow gasps, my chest heaving up and down. I smoothed my hair back and looked around. I felt confused and disoriented. The temple in my head throbbed. My eyes were wide but unseeing. I groped around on the wall for the lightswitch and flicked it on.

"Saby?" I heard Stacey call out from her room. "Are you alright?"

I heard her padding up yo the door and she knocked softly. I didn't respond. I was too shocked, at a loss for words. I put my head between my knees and pulled my legs up to my chest.

Stacey slowly opened the door and knelt down next to me. I looked up at her, my eyes swimming.

"Hey," I said, smiling faintly. I sniffled and wiped my eyes with my forearm. She set a hand on my back and rubbed it gently.

"Hey."

I looked back and moved myself foreward and backward. "Stace?"

"Yea, hun?"

I bit my lip and stuttered. "What, uh, what... what's wrong with m-me?"

Her eyebrows creased. "Oh, sweetie, there's nothing wrong with you. Why would you think that?"

Well I wasn't about to tell her the truth. How could I? 'Oh yea, so I'm getting these blinding headaches that make me see lights. No biggie.' Yea, that would ho over great.

"It's just... I'm so rude to not even thank you for letting me stay over on such short notice," I lied.

She sighed. "That's okay. Hey, I know you're still upset over what happened, but just try to forget. We'll be shopping and having a blast in no time. Just take as long as you want and freshen up a little. Trust me, it'll feel good."

I nodded. "Thanks, Stace. It means a lot."

"Yea," she said standing up. "Anything for one of my best friends."

She closed the door behind her and I started to peel off the clothes from my sweaty body. I stepped into the shower and turned the water on to the 'hot' side and let the cool water run over my body. It was the best I'd felt since last night.