Chapter 16 :)

I walked from the bathroom with a yellow tank top, matching Stacey's, and black stretchy shorts. She was sitting on her bed with her phone in her hand, probably texting some guy from another school. When she saw me, she turned it off and put it in the top drawer of her dresser.

"Tell me!" she squealed.

I still wasn't used to her being in such a cheery mood. I guess it was either sympathy, or maybe she really did care. Either way, it was a good idea to make the most if it while it lasted.

I sat down with my legs crossed, facing her. I grabbed a pillow and wrapped my arms around it.

I sighed. "Well, before I passed out, I remember his eyes looking into mine. It was the first time I'd ever seen him, but everything was blurry. When I woke up, they were all sitting by me and I was on their bus."

"You mean," she started. "They really did FIND you? Wow... sorry, keep going!"

I rolled my eyes and went on. "Anyway, I was really stubborn at first. I can admit that. I didn't want their help and I insisted that they stop and let me go. I could barely walk though, I felt so dizzy. And then Louis just... scooped me up and set me on a bench on the side of the street. He got back onto the bus and made Niall start driving."

I smiled at the memory. It seemed like ages ago and I wished I could be back with Louis. He was all I wanted.

"So there I was, sitting on the bench alone thinking, 'what the hell is he doing?' I was so mad I just needed to yell at him for being so rude. I threw my shoe at the bus and it came to a halt. I had collapsed in the middle of the sidewalk, which of course was humiliating beyond belief because I was in nothing but underwear and a robe, and Louis came over and scooped me up again. I was too groggy to confront him so I just let him carry me onto the bus again, but jot without muttering a couple swear words."

Stacey stared at me with raised eyebrows. "Wow. It seems so strange, especially since it was you of all teenage girls. You didn't even like them."

I nodded. "I guess I just didn't give them a chance. I just assumed, like everyone else does, that they were stuck up and untalented. But they're everything but that. They are talented and really friendly."

She nodded, eager for me to finish the story. "Go on."

"They took me to the hospital where they diagnosed me with a concussion and something else, I'm not sure what. I was lucky. But the boys would visit me constantly. By that time I was used to them, but I wanted them gone. They kept pestering me. Louis was the worst." I got up, grabbed my bag, and sat back down again, showing her the purple stuffed animal. "See this?"

"Yea."

I caressed it in my hand. "Louis picked this out for me, with the others, while I was getting better. He got me purple because it's my favorite color, although he didn't know that for sure. He just guessed because of my clothes. It was such a friendly gesture, but I just kept pushing him away. I kept getting an eccentric feeling whenever he was around and I didn't like it.

"The day I got out of the hospital, they took me on a picnic and I went for a walk with Zayn. He started acting like... he liked me. However, it was excruciatingly awkward, we just walked in silence so I finally told him that I wanted some time alone. I walked far away from them and settled on a park bench.

"Suddenly, Louis just came out of no where. He scared me half to death," I giggled. I remembered how annoyed I was with him. Why did I have to take everything for granted?

I paused. Although Stacey knew that I used to cut, I didn't think she knew that I continued to do it. "Stace, there's something else I should tell you. It's stupid, and I promise you that I'm okay now."