Chapter 20 :)

*Dear Larry shippers,

I apologize in advance because you probably won't like this chapter BUT I promise this will be the only one(: And I respect all your opinions because Larry would be adorable but I just don't ship it. We all just want our boys to be happy, right? And love always finds a way so no matter what relationship is real, it will find it's way and remember, one of Zayn's fave quotes, everything happens for a reason(: I love you all and hope you like this chapter!! :) xx

-Ellie

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

"Okay, so a beard is someone who is hired to date someone else for publicity or if like a famous person is gay and dating someone else, they'll need a beard to change what people think."

It was after school in the chorus room and Melissa was helping me with the fangirl terms that I didn't get. Snowflake, was just what people called Niall sometimes, and although she explained to me what feels were, I still didn't quite grasp the idea.

"Personally, though," she continued, "I don't believe that you were hired or played or anything."

I paused. "Why would I be?"

"Well, more than half of the directioners believe that 'Larry' is real. In other words, they think Louis and Harry are together."

"But... they're not. Were they at one point?"

Melissa shrugged and as she started to lose her balance on the exercise ball she sat on, she flapped her arms around and grabbed hold of the risers beside her. She righted herself, color flushing to her cheeks. "I don't believe any of it, but I have to admit, they would be so cute together! Louis was dating one girl, Eleanor Calder, for a while but she broke up with Louis because she couldn't stand the rumors or the hate anymore. He was absolutely crestfallen and for a while he wouldn't even go on twitter because he knew what he would see. Tweets about Larry. I shipped Elounor while they were together because I feel like they were happy when there weren't fans trying to mob them every day. And I didn't want their break-up to happen. I wonder if he blames us for it..."

"No, I don't take Louis for someone who would hold a grudge," I offered.

This made cheered her up. "That's good. And he seemed pretty happy?"

"Yea I guess. Except... I think things are weird with him and Harry. Harry tries to help him, but Louis pushes him away."

'And this didn't,' I thought as I saw her smile fall. "It's not Harry's fault!" She protested. "I mean it might be weird to Louis, but still!"

I felt a wave of sympathy for Harry. Sometimes I wondered if maybe they'd be better off if they weren't famous. But what would some girls do if they didn't have One Direction to make them happy? And Melissa was right; it wasn't Harry's fault but it wasn't the fans' fault either. They just wanted the boys to be happy and have their freedom. It would blow over eventually. Right?

"So most of the fans probably hate me."

"No, I wouldn't say that-"

"I know. It's okay, they don't know me anyway so they can't judge me."

She hovered over the ball, pushing forward with her legs and bouncing back with the palms of her small dainty hands. "You're one tough cookie, you know that?"

I smiled back. "I guess so."

After a couple moments of silence, Melissa stood up and said, "I missed calculus today because of a band lesson and I should probably go get my homework. Wanna come?"