Chapter 19 :)

*Okay, so first off I'd like to mention that Lionel has grey eyes. I accidentally wrote a description for him in one chapter and a little later, I completely forgot about that and wrote a new one where he had brown eyes. Sorry guys! I guess the only things I can compute in my head are 1D related... oops.

Hopefully in this chapter I'll be able to remember what my characters look like and thank you all so much for reading! It means a lot(:

xx

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

Throughout the day, I was alone and rejected, and mainly by my only friend; Stacey. It was still stuck in my mind that she was the reason why Lionel was in the house last night. Why had I been too scared to call the police? How hard was it? Dial three numbers, tell them your situation, and things would soon be better.

But that was exactly the thing I worried about. What if he got away again and the police couldn't find him? He'd come back for me since I'd already made him angry enough.

Nowhere was safe. I couldn't go to my house. He probably knew that I was staying at Stacey's and obviously word would get out that I was at school. I didn't know what to do, especially since nobody would stop staring at me. Some looks of sympathy, others of loathing. Why they would envy me, I don't know. I just wanted to be invisible again, craving to hide behind a mask of unpopularity...

So why would Stacey be ignoring me when she was clearly the one mistaken? Before I pondered it too long, I brushed the thoughts aside and decided it was either guilt, or maybe she never had been my friend.

When the time came for lunch, I didn't know what to do. There was no way I would go to the cafeteria just to be ridiculed and scorned the whole time. Despite everyone staring, not one other person had come to talk to me.

I was standing in the middle of the hallway, debating whether I should eat in the bathroom, when I felt a tap on my shoulder.

I turned around in surprise. Standing before me, was a senior like me who I hadn't ever spoke to before. Her skin was the color of honey and her sparkling eyes and long silky hair were both a rich, dark brown. She was about eye level with me, if not taller and wore high-waist shorts and a British flag tank top. She smiled gently and said, "hi, it's Saby, right? That's your nickname?"

I nodded.

She extended her hand. "I'm Melissa. Sorry, I know we haven't ever talked."

"That's alright."

"Listen... I was wondering if you'd like to eat lunch with me. I know there are tons if rumors milling around right now and I doubt you want to eat in the lunch room."

I looked at her suspiciously. Someone wanted me to eat with them? Well, I didn't think the day could get any weirder so I agreed. "Are you sure? I don't want to intrude."

But she held up a hand and shook her head. "Please. I'd like to eat lunch with you anyway. If Louis likes you, you must be brilliant."

I blushed, color rushing to my cheeks instantly. "Thanks. I really appreciate it."

"No problem. I eat in the art room and there are rarely over three people there. I like the quiet, away from all the drama and yelling and gossip." She paused and looked at me. "Unless it's about the boys. Then I'm all ears."

"The boys?"

"Yea, like the boys here and of course the fab five, if you know what I mean," she added with a wink.

I smiled at the memory of the boys. And it wasn't just Louis that I missed. I missed Zayn's friendliness, Niall's sense of humor, Harry's cheeky self, and Liam's compassion. All of them were different, and somehow they all had me wanting to be right back with them again. I'd give anything to see their faces again, to talk to them, for Louis to hold me...