Chapter 32

Chapter 32 : Meanwhile, back at the manor

"Well," Remus said, looking at the four listening with rapt attention to his telling of the 'Battle at the Ministry'.  "That's my bit.  Thank you very much."  He did a bow and took his seat next to Tonks.

Harry stood and turned to the crowd seated at the different tables. 

"What do you all say to a short tea break, then we'll continue.  I heard some growling stomachs during the last part."

James Potter poked his brother in the ribs, grinning.  Albus ducked his head, and whispered, "It wasn't THAT loud, was it?"

"No, it wasn't," whispered back his mother, ruffling his hair.

"Gerroff, Mum! "

Headmaster Dumbledore stood, clapped his hands and a tea buffet appeared  on the staff table, to applause from the children and nods of approval from the adults.  After letting the youngsters go down the line first, the older members of the group filled their plates and settled down to relax and enjoy their 'cuppa'.

The youngsters were off at the end of one of the tables, presided over by Teddy Lupin; all the brothers, sisters and cousins chattering away, while the adults separated into four groups, each centered around one of the Muggle guests. 

Dan was surrounded by Harry and Ginny, Remus and Tonks and Professor Dumbledore and Professor McGonagall and Neville. 

Rupert was buried somewhere in the crowd of Weasleys; Arthur, Molly,  Ron, Hermione, Bill and Fleur, Percy and Audrey. 

But, Fred and George had dragged Tom off to tell him about how they had progressed with some of the ideas he had given them during the first 'visit'.  Angelina, Alicia, Luna and Sirius rounded out that group.

Emma found herself surrounded by the Slytherin contingent; Draco, Lucius, Narcissa and Severus.

* * *

"So, Sirius, what have you been up to since we last saw you?" Tom asked, after having had Fred and George describe the latest additions to their store inventory.

"Well, after Peter's trial, which you will hear about in detail soon, I was a free man, but on Voldemort's hit list in big, red letters.  So, although I could come and go as I pleased, I mostly went to Hogwarts to help the DA train, but kept out of sight; didn't want to draw Voldemort's attention to the school," he added. 

"Using the old Marauder's methods to slink around the hallways, eh?" Tom grinned at him.

"But, of course . . . had to keep up the tradition, so to speak," Sirius laughed.

"Of course . . . so . . . did Voldemort ever find out it was you who killed Nagini?" questioned  Tom.  "Or is that part of the story to come?"

"Well, when he did hear what happened, he blamed me for killing his pet, but didn't know we knew Nagini was a Horcrux.  He was pretty upset and still determined to kill Harry."  Sirius shook his head.  "I think that he became even more dangerous . . . at least he seemed to get that way, as compared to what happened in the books . . . it wasn't easy, even being a bit ahead of him, because of the knowledge we had been given . . . you'll hear all about it."

"Right . . . bet poor Draco caught a bit of grief from him, though."  Tom glanced over at the blond haired Slytherin, who was talking with Emma and his mother.

* * *

"We have been in Providence and saw the signs for Brown University, but didn't want to intrude into your life, cruising the campus on the off chance we'd see you," laughed Narcissa.  "Slytherins we are, stalkers we are not!"