Chapter 1

Chapter 1: Introductions & Explanation

'This can't be . . . has to be some celebrity lookalikes,' thought Dan, trying to form a reply. "I'm sorry, I really can't help you, but I can give you an agent's name who specializes in look-alike casting."

"He doesn't believe what he's seeing, Harry," Hermione said. "He thinks we're actors."

"Dan, I really am Harry Potter.  And we do need to speak to you."

"But . . . "

Just then Emma and Tom came around the corner, walking down the sidewalk, headed toward Dan's house, talking and laughing.  Hermione looked over her shoulder and then turned back and with a smile said, "Let's see what they think, shall we?"

As Tom and Emma turned through the gate to walk to the front door, they looked up and saw the group standing on the porch.

"What the hell?" Tom gasped.

"Dan? Is everything alright?"  Emma asked, then focused on Hermione and gasped.  "Who are you?"

"Hermione Granger Weasley."

"WHAT?  That's not possible, you're fictional characters!"  Tom replied, frowning.

"I assure you, Tom, we are not!" Ron answered.

"This is a joke, right Dan?"  Tom looked at his friend, standing in the doorway.

"Don't have a clue.  I'm gob-smacked!"

"Perhaps we could discuss this inside?"  Harry asked, politely.  "We really are who we seem to be and we can prove it to you, if you would just give us a few minutes."

Dan looked straight into Harry's eyes and something he saw, deep within them, told him he actually was facing the real Harry Potter.

"Alright, come on in . . . Rupert should be along in a minute or two, though; could we wait for him before you start?"

"Great!"  Ron said, smiling broadly.  "I want to meet Rupert; he's me, spot on."

"You all are, come to that." Hermione added, as they entered the front hall.

They settled on the couches and chairs in the living room, and a slightly awkward silence settled over the group.  Hermione was the first to try and start some conversation.

"I like you hair short, Emma . . . but I don't think I'd have the nerve to cut mine."

"Well, it was more of an 'I'm finally finished being Hermione' statement than anything, oh! no offense! " Hermione nodded her understanding, so Emma continued. "Having to keep my hair long for the movies was part of the contract . . . and when we wrapped the last one, I just said 'that's it, no more long hair', although I will probably let it grow out again at some point in the future."

"I hear you've been to America, Dan . . . Broadway play?" Harry looked at the young actor and smiled.

"Yeah, I did Equus and then How to Succeed in Business.  They were both revivals; did okay."

Hermione smiled at Harry.  "He sounds just like you, Harry; too modest by half."

Any retort Harry or Dan were about to give was interrupted by the doorbell ringing.

"That will be Rupert, I'm guessing," said Ron, standing and heading for the door."I'll just let him in, shall I?"  Without waiting for an answer, he opened the front door and stuck out his hand. "Rupert!  Glad to finally meet you . . . Ron Weasley.  Come on in!"