Never Again

omg guys I hit 1k reads. that is crazy. I know to some that might not seem like much, but a freaking thousand people have read at least one of my mini phanfics. that makes me so happy. and I haven't gotten a single negative comment, you're all so supportive and loving and I just want to say thaaaaanx!!!! xxx I hope you like this one. this is a special thank you to all my lovely readers <3

*

"Phil, I really needed you clean this up. It was litrally the one thing I asked you to do. You said it wasn't a problem, and I can't find anything in here!"

Dan paces around the messy kitchen running a hand through his fringe, clearly agitated. He has so many things going on right now, he does not have time for this. He is so close to a panic attack.

"Dan, I'm sorry. I just forgot. It wasn't a problem and I can do it now. What are you looking for?"

"It doesn't matter. I'll just eat later. It looks like you didn't go to the shop like you said either. What, are you on vacation from responsibility? We're adults, you know, Phil. You can't really do that."

"Dan, I said I was sorry. Like I said, I just forgot. What are you hungry for? I can order something for you and then I'll clean up in here." Phil gets his phone out of his pocket, ready to make a call anywhere. He just wants to make Dan happy.

Dan slams the fridge shut and turns to Phil. "It doesn't matter anymore. I've lost my appetite." He brushes rather harshly past his partner, but Phil grabs his arm.

"Dan, what's going on? Are you okay?"

"Okay? What the fuck, Phil, am I not allowed to be annoyed with you? Look, I have a lot on my plate right now, and I know it's easy for you to crank out brilliantly creative videos all the time, but I'm not blessed like that. I haven't posted a video in over a month, we have the radio show tomorrow which I haven't prepped for, tour starts in a couple weeks and I don't know about you but I am in no way, shape, or form ready for it, and my parents won't get off my back to visit them. I'm sorry if I'm not bloody happy to come home and find no food in the fridge and every dish in the sink." Dan jerks his arm out of Phil's grasp trying to ignore his hurt face.

"Dan, we need to talk about this. I-"

"I don't want to talk about it!" Dan is shouting, throwing his hands in the air to accentuate his point. "The simple fact is you're better than me Phil, and I'm fighting to keep up anymore!" 

His shouts ring across the room but Dan is silent now, anger leaving his face completely as he stares, eyes wide, at Phil and the change that is overtaking him. Phil is cowering in front of his lover, his arms are crossing his face, and his eyes are squeezing shut. He is obviously terrified and Dan is at a loss. What has he done? Then he realizes his hands are still in the air and his brain makes a connection as he looks from his fists to his shaking lion. 

"Oh my god, Phil, I would never. Phil."

Phil opens his eyes a crack, tears glistening, and Dan moves slowly closer, not wanting to startle him, but needing to take him in his arms. "Phil, it's me, Dan. I love you. I could never hit you." 

Phil is slowly nodding his head, but his face is still tense and his chin is quivering. 

Dan cannot bear it any longer and he wraps his arms around his lion and holds him tight. He rubs circles on his back and kisses his neck gently. He feels Phil starting to relax but he doesn't let go. "Phil, I'm sorry I yelled. I'm really stressed right now, but that was a dick thing to do. I love you so fucking much, and I swear I would rather die than hurt you." Dan kisses Phil's cheek and then brings his face up so they are level. He stares into Phil's cloudy blue eyes and sighs. "Why don't we order chinese and go watch Up in the lounge?" 

Phil is nodding more eagerly and Dan is smiling. Why is he being so stupid? He is living with the love of his life, his best friend, doing what he has always dreamed of, and he's breaking down to yelling? Sure, it's stressful, but Dan promises himself as he and Phil are settling down under the duvet that he won't lose sight of the important things again. 

The credits are rolling and Phil's head is on Dan's chest. Dan's fingers are in Phil's black hair and the latter is completely calm. Dan is now leaning over the older boy and kissing him. 

"Phil, you know I would never hit you, right," Dan whispers as he comes up for air.

"Sometimes it's not what I know now, but what I knew then. I wish I could change that..."

"Lion, you will always be safe with me. Never never never will I hurt you. I love you too much." 

"I know." 

But Dan is unconvinced he really does. His face is ever closer to Phil's and then he is saying, just under his breath in a very sultry tone, "Let me make sure you do." Dan's mouth is on Phil's, his fingers are under his shirt, and he is grinding into his lover. He adores this man, and no matter how stressed or upset he is, that can never change.

*

omg get smutty a bit there at the end... xD heh HOW YOU LIKE IT? did you like the style? it was hard to write in but i really like how it turned out actually. please let me know what you thought for endless love and more stories!!