Pastel!Dan

Okay, sooooooo I'm going to try really hard to keep to my update schedule the next few weeks, but I'm going to be incredibly busy with studying for my tests at the end of October... I hope you guys actually do like these, cuz I love writing them, but if you're just trying to be nice and don't actually care, then I'll just come back to them in a month... but anyway, please enjoy PASTEL!DAN OMG.

*

Dan had always dealt with bullying. It was nothing new to him. Girl, pansy, gay, pussy, fag, fairy... He almost embraced them these days. How could the ignorant bastards that traversed the halls of his school not call him names? After all, he was different. He wore pastel sweaters, smelled like a bed of roses, and constantly made flower crowns... But never had he actually been physically assaulted.

Until today.

His school had a strict policy of expulsion for physical fighting. He didn't understand why they made such a big deal about that and not other types of bullying, but they did.

Maybe he should have seen it coming. Maybe he should have been more cautious/smart... Maybe, maybe, maybe. But life is full of choices, conscious or not. Bad things can often lead to beautiful endings, while seemingly good things can close in pain.

Dan had stayed late because he'd received a note. The day before, while getting his books from his locker, he had found a small envelope with his name inscribed on the front.

'dan - you are ridiculously cute and I'm way too shy to actually tell you. every day I see you in class and I can't focus on anything but the way your hair curls and the way you hold your pencil. I'm making myself slip this in your locker even though I'm going to die of anticipation/worry all night. meet me tomorrow after school in the maths room? - your secret admirer'

Incredibly intrigued and pretty excited, Dan made his way to the meeting place after his last class the next day. He had the note clutched in his hand to make sure it wasn't a dream. He never would have imagined himself having a secret admirer! WTF. He couldn't figure out who it was either, and he kind of felt bad because of it. He never really paid attention to anyone in the school, besides his friend PJ. He went to school to learn and when everyone started getting boyfriends and girlfriends and no one liked him back, he decided not to waste his time being upset.

Dan opened the maths room door trying to contain a smile. Who the heck was it??

what the fuck

what the actual fuck

"David?? You sent me the note?!"

David, the worst of the lads who bullied Dan, was the person waiting for him. The buff boy started cackling, but he shook his head.

"If you didn't send the note, then what are you doing here?!" Dan exclaimed, so utterly confused and getting more scared by the second.

"Oh I didn't send it. Phil Lester did. But you really think he meant it? Homo Howell so desperate he falls for anything!"

Dan's eyes widened in absolute shock. Phil Lester? The cute punk who sat in the back? He set him up?

David moved closer to Dan, looked him up and down, then smirked. "This'll be fun. I've wanted to do this for so long," he whispered, then punched Dan hard in the jaw, and as the boy in pink scrabbled for the door handle behind him, David shoved him to the ground.

"David, stop, please!" Dan tried to wriggle away, but David kicked him in the gut.

"You don't deserve to live, Howell. Why don't you just fucking kill yourself? The world would be so much better without you and your faggy ways." He sat heavily on top of Dan and continued. "The world is overpopulated and you walk these halls as if you're perfect, as if there is nothing wrong with you, even though you're seriously fucking gross!" His voice rising, David grabbed the front of Dan's shirt and pulled him close to his face. "When will you realize that no one gives a fuck about you? No one could ever love you!"