Reasons Why Dan's Not A Fail (by phil)

well hello there. *crickets chirp as every reader glares at the author becuz the author hasn't updated since christmas* heh sorry about that. i literally apologize every oneshot cuz im a busy bitch, you know how it is. preparing for college auditions and working and life and shit... anywho, i put up a couple of different polls on here and my insta and y'all seemed to want this one, a harry potter au, or a genderfluid one. SO. the last two are to look forward to (comment which one you want first idk), and i'll shutup and let you read this story full of cheese (tho not actually cuz phil don't like no cheese).

*

January 29th, 2016

"Hey guys! Phil here. As most of you know, if you watch me regularly, I live with a guy named Dan Howell, or danisnotonfire on the interwebs. We've lived together forever, it seems like, but once upon a time, right after Dan started his channel, he uploaded a video called 'Butterfingers,' his first in his 'Reasons Why Dan's A Fail' series.

This video is inspired by that series, but as you can probably tell by the title, I'm going to list five reasons why Daniel ISN'T a fail. LEGGO!! ... umm remind me never to say that again.

OKAY! Number 1 on the list is that though Dan does sometimes have clumsy or awkward things happen to him, he is able to laugh at himself and not let it get to him. Too much. Besides the occasional cringe attack that is. Maybe he should listen to me and buy some of my brand new REGRET CREAM. #spon

Number 2!! Dan's videos are super creative and smart! Every time he shows me them I'm mindblown from his profound conclusions and his unique take on how to make the ideas in his head into legitimately amazing videos! And I'm AmazingPhil, only I can bestow the badge of Amazingness on videos and Dan's definitely deserve them.

Number 3! He makes excellent indian food!! Sometimes when I've had a really tiring day of vegging in my pjs watching Swim (and he's feeling exceptionally Sister Daniel-ish) he'll pull out the ole pots and pans and not let me in the kitchen until all the cooking is done and then he'll bring me food of the gods, Chicken Tikka Masala. Those are the best days... sigh.

Number 4! Dan is really really funny. The Dan you see in danisnotonfire videos does not do justice to the Danny boy I live with. You guys always tweet me asking how I stay so positive, and to be honest I don't know how anyone could not when living with Dan. I laugh so many times a day I'm actually quite offended that I don't have a sixpack yet! Seriously though, I know you guys worry about Dan sometimes, but don't. He really is happy and we're having the best times of our lives right now.

Number 5! He's great for fashion advice. If ever I'm questioning a shirt to buy or socks to wear he's very helpful and, though I might have to sort through the black shirts, black pants, and black socks he throws at me, his opinions are usually pretty good.

I've also included a few reasons you guys sent me, haha, I'm sure he'll appreciate them. Apparently, he's not a fail because he's a squish? he's a ray of sunshine... Ummm I wouldn't say that, especially not in the morning, but he does make me happy, and a lot of you, so we'll give him that. Let's see, his eyes... ah yes, brown eyes as my mother called him when we first met. She took something I said out of context and was trying to embarrass me. *thanks mum* she wouldn't stop calling Dan brown eyes because (as she told him soooo coyly) I had told her all about his chocolaty eyes, which was unfair because it wasn't like I was going around spouting that five times a day, I said it once when I was describing what he looked like! Anyways.

The last thing someone tweeted was that he cares about things so much and I think that's a good one to end on. You guys have to remember that you know danisnotonfire, not Dan Howell, and though he shares much of his life and self with you all, there is a lot of him that is separate. Living with him, I feel like I might be the only one who can 100% tell you guys that he cares SO much about you and everything he does. He puts so much effort into his videos, in the DANANDPHILGAMES videos, in my videos... He constantly feels bad about not being able to interact with all his viewers and even though I tell him that you guys understand, look at him. One of his new years resolutions is to be on twitter more, reply even more than he did in 2015. Dan, the tweet-lord. He should change is name to Dan Tweeter. Anyway, the point is, he's a really passionate chap, and he really cares about you. After meet and greets, when we hear your stories about how we've been able to help you through hard times, it really affects Dan. He takes all this very seriously and he really understands that life can be tough and he wants to help as much as he can.

If there was any one youtuber I would recommend subscribing to, it would have to be Dan, and that's not just because I live with him and he happens to be my bffl. Not only at the top of his game in relation to his videos, he's a stellar guy and he most definitely isn't a fail in my book.

Yeah, so I think that concludes this video. It's currently 11pm on January 29th, an hour before I turn 29, and I decided to make this because Dan has been busy planning "surprise" things all day and I'm bored and feeling nostalgic and I dunno... Feeling Team Daniel?? I don't even know what that means... ANYWAY. I need to go to bed before the clocks turn, and I'll edit this later! Byyyyyyyye!

*

that was so fucking easy to write wow coming up with reasons why dan fucking rocks is a talent of mine. comment reasons why dan's not a fail below por favor and let what you thought of this shortie and if it all sounded like philip. thanks pals ALSO HOLY FUCK I ALMOST FORGOT!! I'M ABOUT TO HIT 50K VIEWS ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME BYE FELICIA

SRSLY THANK YOU GUYS I LOVE YOU AND YOUR COMMENTS <3 xx