Let Them Eat Cake

ok so here's some v domestic/fluffy phan ^.^ you're welcome. ALSO. to let you know I started a phanfic that I've been planning for ages and it's going to be a longer one and you should go check it out! It's called 'Lion's & Tigers & Bears, Oh My' and I already love it. It's a highschool angst/fluff fic and IT WOULD MEAN A LOT TO ME. XXX anyway enjoy married phan xD

*

"daaaaaaaaan I want cake."

Dan Howell groaned. With his entire 6ft+ body curled in the fetus position and his eyes shut tight, he was nearly asleep and did not want to move. "Phil, it's nearly 4, we can make it tomorrow. We went to bed early tonight, remember? go to sleep." Dan pulled the duvet over his head so as not to receive any more disturbances. 

Then Phil got out of the bed. 

Dan pretended like he didn't notice.

When it was obvious that Phil wasn't just taking a leak though, Dan let out a horrendous groan. He was so sleepy, why did this grownup kid need cake NOW? He opened his eyes into slits and looked towards the door. There was light coming from down the hallway that wasn't from the bathroom. Dan closed his eyes and sighed, savoring this last moment of peace, before he ripped the duvet off like a bandaid. He'd been sleeping in just his boxers, but it was chilly so he put the first jumper he could find on, which happened to be his Gryffindor one. Figured. He would need to be brave to use kindness this early in the morning. Then he braced himself for the light.

Despite his grumpiness, when Dan walked into the kitchen he couldn't help but smile as he saw a shirtless Phil, wearing Cookie Monster pj pants, mixing things vigorously in a bowl. He crept up behind him, snaked his arms around his bare middle, and laid a kiss on Phil's shoulder. "It couldn't wait, lion?"

Phil jumped slightly but immediately relaxed as Dan continued to hug him from behind. He grinned cheekily as he shook his head. "You didn't have to join me, Dan..."

"Psh, hell yeah I didn't. But I'm a good boyfriend," Dan said and kissed Phil's cheek.

"I don't disagree with that, bear. I love you more than cake."

Dan's lips left Phil's neck at once. "Don't lie to me Philip, we both know that's not true. After all, who did you choose tonight?" 

Phil rolled his eyes with a sheepish smile on his face. "Yeah, but who do I choose every other day?"

"Are you saying you're cheating on me with cake?"

"Yes Daniel. I am so very sorry, please forgiveth me for my sins."

"Well, Jesus, guess we'll have to get a divorce. I want full custody of Dil." Dan yawned loudly, placed another kiss on Phil's shoulders, and went to make some tea. He would not stay awake any longer if he didn't get some caffeine in him. 

"Dan, speaking of custody and all that, do you ever want to have kids?"

Dan set the mug down he'd just taken out of the cupboard rather loudly and looked pointedly at Phil. "You know the answer to that question, Phil, why are you asking me right now?"

"I dunno," Phil said as he cracked eggs, not meeting Dan's eyes. "I just have really been thinking about it a lot recently. Every time I see a kid, especially a baby, I just feel like I'm missing something." He continued to focus on the ingredients he was mixing as he ventured on. "And I don't see how it would work if we never come out as a couple..."

"Phil, look at me."

Phil's arm stopped moving and he slowly looked up.

Dan gazed blearily at his lover and sighed. "Phil, you know I want kids. I want to be a dad just as much as you do. I didn't realize you've been thinking about it so much, you should've told me." He pulled himself up so he was sitting on the counter and gestured for Phil to join him. 

Phil set the bowl down and did so.

Dan took his best friend's hands and kissed them. "Phil, you know I won't mind if we tell the fans if it's for a good reason. If you really think we're ready then I guess that's something we need to start planning."

Phil's face immediately lit up and he jumped off the counter, pulling Dan with him. "You mean it? Like honestly?!" 

Dan nodded, and he couldn't stop himself stop himself from smiling because Phil's joy was infectious. 

"Ohmygod, DAN I love you so much!" Phil threw his arms around Dan, hugging him with all his might. He peppered the taller boy with kisses until suddenly he stopped and said, "The cake! I must finish it so we can celebrate!"

And that is how the two ended up feasting on cake and each other as they watched the sun rise that beautiful morning.

*

okay now i actually need d+p to get a baby. LIKE NOW. ^.^ let me know if you liked this one, and check out my other story pretty please! thanks for everything guys <3