Chapter 35: Fast Approaching

Visiting Luna had put the group of friends in a good mood. It was refreshing to leave a place after recruiting someone feeling content, pleased and most of all happy. Feelings of happiness had been few and far in between since they started on their quest to stop another war breaking out. This feeling carried them through the last few recruitments, the last 4 or 5 people seemed to go with ease. All of them appeared to go in the same way, the same pattern. They'd find where they were living (or working), show up, tell them the situation at hand, and people always wanted to help out. They always wanted to prevent another war as much as Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Ginny did. 

As October 3rd came closer and closer Hermione started getting more and more anxious. She just kept thinking about all the things that could go wrong. There were hundred if not thousands of possible out comes and half of them were not pleasing. This is the state Ron found Hermione in when he came into their bedroom two days before they were to meet up with everyone. She was laying on their bed staring at the ceiling. Worried Ron went over and laid next to her.

"What's on you mind 'Mione?" He looked over at her to see her laying there, with no sign of her hearing him.

"Hermione love what's wrong? You're not like this usually, you're really worrying me." 

"Have you stopped and thought about how many possible outcomes there are?" Hermione stated blandly.

"Outcomes for what?" Ron drew his eyebrows together, slightly confused. 

"To what we're trying to do. Push back the death eaters, stop another war outbreak. Have you ever considered how many different ways this could play out?" 

Ron stops and thinks about it. "Yes I have thought about it, I think everyones thought about it in one way or another. Sometimes I think about it and it scares the hell out of me. I mean what if I die? Our child would grow up without a father and it would pain me for them to have to do that. Every child needs two loving parents. Or what if you and the baby die then I'm left with nothing but emptiness." He pauses and then continues "But then I remind myself that I can't think like that because right now I'm alive and you and the baby are alive. I'm going to try my very best and fight my very hardest to keep it that way. I may not be able to control the outcome but I can control how hard I'll fight to make sure it's an out come that I'll like." 

"Ron?"

"Yeah Hermione?"

"What did I do to deserve you?" She laughs and beams up at him with a watery smile.

Ron laughs back "I ask myself the same thing everyday." Hermione slid over hugging Ron's side, putting her head on his chest while Ron slung his arm around her shoulders.

"Have you thought of any names yet?" Hermione asked breaking the silence.

"I've thought of a few names how about you." 

"I've got a couple yeah." 

"I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours." Ron grinned goofily down at her. 

"Alright I've got two girl names and one boy name. Bailey Lynn and Calliope Anne for a girl and Lucas Christopher."

"Well I've only one boy name and one girl name but I like Victor Stephen and Ruby Capri."

"How about we take two of your middle names and put them with two of my first names?"

"What are you thinking?" 

"For a girl we could name her Bailey Capri and for a boy we could name him Lucas Stephen?" Hermione looked up at him hopefully.

"I think It's perfect." He leaned in a captured Hermione's lips to convey just how perfect he thought their names sounded together. It's not just coincidence that they had picked names that complimented each other so well. It really showed how perfectly they fit together. Although Ron no longer thought about how he wasn't meant to be with Hermione, this still solidified that they were perfect for each other. After releasing her lips with a sigh he stood up and offered her his hand. "I think Ginny made dinner if you're up to it?" 

Hermione bit her lip and grinned "That sounds like just what I need." 

*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A/N...

Another chapter update what??? Two in the same day??? The last time this happened it was like 2 years ago :O I felt like I owed you guys something more and this chapter is kind of a filler but there is some good info in there and it moves the plot along so yay for that! Only 4 more chapters to go are you guys to see this completed because I am :))) Don't forget to comment and vote it'd mean the world to me!

Love,

          A_LovesHP