Chapter 37: Breathe

I see the face of a man intent on death loom over me. "You deserve this, bitch." He spits but before he can even raise his wand I see him collapse onto the floor. I see Ron and Luna rush over to me but I don't ever feel them get to me because by then I'm already out like a light. My last thought ringing through my mind what's going to happen to my baby?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hermione's P.O.V.

I'm struggling to catch a breath. It takes me all of my will power to keep it going. It's like something is on my chest and I'm struggling to breathe against it as it pushes my chest back down. My body is in agony. I'm barely able to keep my conscience thoughts going inside my head. I hear someone open a door and instantly a conversation floats in.

"I'm sorry Mr.Weasley there's nothing else we could do. We're lucky we were even able to save one of the two of them." I hear what I assume to be a healer tell Ron.

"I..." Ron takes a shaky breathe and I can perfectly picture in my mind how he's probably running a hand through his hair. "I understand umm, thank you for what you've done."

"I'm truly sorry, your wife should wake up soon. Please page someone when she does, we would like to run some more tests."

"Alright." Ron says softly as the healer walks out of the room, gently shutting the door. Ron tries and fails at trying to pull a chair over quietly to my bed side.

I feel him take my hand into his and rub delicate circles into the crease between my thumb and forefinger.

"Hey 'Mione." He speaks hesitantly, although he's afraid something will break. Maybe that something's him. "I guess I'll start with the good news. We did it. We fought and we won. All the death eaters are rotting in Azkaban and will stay there for, well, forever hopefully. No one got hurt to seriously a few people had sprained ankles or broken fingers but overall you're the only one who had to stay here." Ron pauses as if he's trying to gather himself for what he's going to say next. "But 'Mione why did it have to be us? Things were just about to start for us. I don't understand why it had to end up this way. Why couldn't it have been me who was hurt." I hear Ron desperately trying to pull a breath in and trying to not fall into pieces. But he has to know that sometimes it's okay to not be okay. Even though the pain is excruciating I open my eyes.

"Oh Ron." I whisper when I see his blue eyes watering over.

"Why couldn't it have been me 'Mione. I would have been fine and we'd still have our little boy." Ron's tears a coming down full force down his cheeks, falling from his chin and onto the stiff hospital blanket.

"It was a boy?" I bite my lip and hesitantly ask. Ron nods.

"Little Lucas Stephen." I whisper, now starting to tear up. "I didn't even get hold him." I start crying in full force, making it even harder for me to breathe.

"Shhh 'Mione I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry." Ron rubs by back and then goes out of my room. I can barely hear him asking for a healer from my bed through my heart wrenching sobs.

Instantly a healer is by my side attempting to ask me to calm down. "Breathe in, breathe out Mrs.Weasley it'll be easier to breathe once you calm down."

"It hurts! It hurts!" I sob not able to stand the pain in my chest any longer. The healer rushes out and then almost instantly rushes back in with a potion in hand.

"This will help but it's going to make her fall back to sleep again."

"Whatever will help." Ron looks on worryingly.

I'm given the potion and fall back into a deep sleep
___________________________

*3 days later*

I'm finally discharged and we head back to the Weasley's house. Ron had asked them to wait to see us until I was discharged. We had both wanted time for us to wrap our minds around what we had just lost. Lucas Stephen Weasley, our baby boy. I hadn't even gotten to hold him. He had been yanked from us too soon and I just couldn't help blaming myself. I shouldn't have even gone, I should have stayed back and waited, but at the time I let my pride get the best of me. I couldn't bare the thought of sitting back and watching. As we walk up to the Weasley's open front door Mrs. Weasley comes out of the doorway, rushing up to us and enveloping me in a hug.

"I know this isn't going to make you feel better and that no amount of words will make the pain go away but I am so sorry." Mrs. Weasley holds me at arm length and looks at me with tears forming in the corner of her eyes "You both didn't deserve this but you'll be able to get through this. You're both strong. You'll be able to help each other move past this."

"It's so hard."

"I know dear but I promise it'll get better." She gives me another brief hug and then moves over to embrace Ron, who I can see has tears forming in his eyes.

"The both of you couldn't have a better support team behind you. Let's go inside; they're dying to see you."

We follow her up the stairs and into the living room where we're met by the faces of the whole Weasley family including little Teddy. I smile and turn to look at Ron, maybe we could get past this. Maybe I wouldn't drown. Maybe I would float.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
A/N...
 I'm sorry about the miscarriage but I've always had it planned this way :( I love you guys to the moon and back please comment and let me know what you think!