Chapter 2: That's a nice twist

"Where are they?" Ron asked impatiently.

"I don't know! They said they'd be here at around 6 and it's..... 6:20" Hermione replied.

"Well I'm starving!"

"But you just ate an hour ago!"

"I'm still starving!" Ron said with a smile that was irresistible. Hermione stared at his lips and it was like Ron had read her mind, he leaned in and kissed her. It was an ordinary kiss that soon deepened into a kiss that made Hermione forget where she was.

"Hem hem." Someone cleared their throat behind them. Hermione and Ron jumped apart and turned to see Ginny and Harry. 

"Sorry we took so long." Harry apologized.

"It's okay." Ron said as Hermione nodded in agreement with a faint blush on her face.

"Should we go in?" Ginny said excitedly. She went to a waitress who seated them and then soon after took their orders. Soon enough they were all having a good time and forgot about the awkwardness that came with the beginning of the night.

"And I said no that's hufflepuffs!" Ron laughed hysterically while everyone grinned obviously not hinking it was as funny as Ron.

"So what's been up with you guys lately? I haven't seen you in 2 weeks." Hermione asked

"It;s been fantastic actually Ginny, I have something to ask you." Harry got up out of his chair and went on one knee.

"Oh no is he really!" Hermione thought to herself.

"Ginny I know we just got back together but I've known you for about 8 years will you do me the pleasure of marrying me?"

"I don't know what to say! This is such a surprise I wasn't expecting this I ...you... YES HARRY!" Ginny said breathlessly. She wrapped her arms around Harry and kissed him.

"Did you know about this Ron" Hermione said in a hushed tone.

"Yeah for a month now." Hermione punched him in the shoulder and shook her head.

"Bloody hell! What was that for!?" Ron said rubbing his arm.

"For not telling me!" Ron rolled his eyes in a way that said only you. Hermione looked over at her best friends who were still kissing and thought that could be Ron and her one day

************** 3 days later************

Hermione sat with her head in Ron's lap outside as they talked.

"So are you really going to train to be an auror?" She asked.

"Well...yeah I think I am. I've always wanted to." He shrugged.

"Where's your training?"

"There's one in London so I guess that's where I'll go you know so we can still see each other..." He trailed off.

"I don't know what I'm gonna do! I've always had everything planned out! What I'm going to do, eat, read but now I'm absolutely clueless and it's scaring me Ron!" For the first time Hermione felt true terror wash over her. She was never this scared for anything, not even when they were on the run or facing Voldemort. This was her breaking point she just broke down and cried.

"It's okay Hermione. It's okay. Shhh." Ron said in a soothing voice. "Not everyone has everything figured out yet. It's only 3 months after the battle everything is still bloody messed up." Ron brushed Hermione's hair back and wiped a tear from her check then hugged her. They sat like that, in each others arms, for what seemed like 5 minutes but was really an hour when Mrs.Wealey yelled out to them that lunch was ready.

"Are you ready to go Hermione?"

"Ye yeah." she stuttered Ron took her hand and walked into the house. The house seemed to be buzzing with energy. Ever since Ginny and Harry announced they're engagement the house had some sort of energy to it suddenly, there was a scratching sound at the window. Hermione looked over to see pig with four unusually large letters addressed to Hermione, Ron, Harry, and Ginny. She took hers and instantly opened it. When she flipped it over she saw the Hogwarts seal witch made her heart jump. "Harry! Ron! Ginny! We've got letters from Hogwarts!" Almost instantly they were all by her side.

"But we're to old to go this makes no sense!" Ron said baffeled.

"Well open it!" said

Hermione opened the letter witch read:

Dear Miss Granger,

I am pleased to inform you that with the events of last year we at Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry have decided since the school was ultimately under Voldemort's control last year we have what we will call all 8th years come back to repeat they're 7th year if they wish to complete they're education. Of course this is entirely your choice if you wish to come back but if you do you will be Head Girl of the 8th years. We don't want to deprive the 7th year students of the chance of being Head Girl/Boy so there will be another Head Girl from the 7th years the same with Head Boy. Please send your reply by the beginning of August. Your list of books required is enclosed with the letter. I sincerely hope you return to further you education at Hogwarts.

Minerva McGonagall

Headmistress of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Hermione looked in the envelope and there it was! Her own head girl badge and grinned.

"Ron this is great! We can go back maybe this is why I couldn't figure out what I was going to do." she looked at Ron and saw him staring at the letter with a stunned expression.

"What's wrong Ron?" Ron held up his own Head Boy badge.

"Oh My Goodness! Ron that's awesome! I got Head Girl isn't it perfect?!" Hermione went over and hugged him and then Ron finally responded.

"It's like 5th year all over again!" And everyone burst out laughing. 

***************************************************

so what do you think? sorry for a late update thank you for everyone that read the first chapter. please keep reading constructive criticism would be lovely

~A