Chapter Three

A/N Hey guys, so so so so so sorry that this chapter wasn't up when it was scheduled to be, my laptop broke and I have been using it as little as possible so stop further damage until I can get it fixed, so to make up for how late it is, I'll give you two chapters today! Enjoy!

"Leave me alone Malfoy" she said, her plate held tightly in her hands as she tried to push past him. She attempted to duck behind the tree and walk around him. But he wasn't stupid, and he was too strong for her to push past him- he'd certainly done some work in the three years. After him not replying and still not letting her past, she looked up at him, into his light grey eyes. She frowned, still attempting to push past him- though she knew it was no use "Malfoy!" she exclaimed, now getting annoyed with him.

"Let's talk, Rose?" Scorpius asked, using on arm to push her softly back to the swing. She refused to sit down- to be pushed around by him, but it didn't work. He easily pushed her where he wanted her. He took a quick look around, and- after spotting what he wanted- pulled a white garden chair so that he could sit opposite Rose and talk to her "Why don't you want to talk to me?"

Rose didn't reply, but she didn't break eye contact- her frown still in place on her face. She blindly searched for her sandwich, still looking at Scorpius, and took a bite out of it, refusing to talk. She didn't want to talk to a Malfoy, especially Scorpius. Not only would her father, and probably her mother too, be angry with her but from their past she didn't want anything to do with the boy.

"Rose please" Scorpius asked "What do you want me to say? I'm sorry, I've told you a thousand times- what will convince you that I mean it?" Scorpius pleaded. Rose held up her head, still refusing to talk to the boy. She pushed down the memories that were building up in her brain, her memories of Hogwarts, and the exact memories that forced her to hate him. The exact memories that she had bottled up, and hidden from herself as much as she had hidden it from everyone else. The exact memories that brought a tear to her eye when she recalled them.

"Rose?" Scorpius asked. Rose shook her head violently, staring at the floor, she was on the brink of tears. She couldn't let him see her cry- what would he think of her then? And of course he would know the exact reason she was crying. For it was the same reason he was apologising now, over and over. She didn't dare look up, even when she felt a hand rest on her shoulder. When she heard the creak of the old white garden chair as a weight was lifted from it. When she knew Scorpius was gone.

She dropped her plate, she took off her heels and ran to the room she had shared with Lily and Lucy so many times at the top of the burrow. And not once did she look up from the floor. Nobody could see her cry.

She let herself go for a while when she got to her room. She scrambled under the covers of the small bed before letting the tears roll down her face. She had always been a silent crier, and for this she was thankful. She didn't expect anyone to come in to the room, as she was sure both Lily and Lucy would be having great fun dancing away at the party just outside her window. And they were- for a while at least. It had been about an hour since her second meeting with the Malfoy when she heard the door creak open. She lay still and silent, afraid that whoever had entered the room was in search for her; which of course they were.

"Rose?" A soft voice asked. Rose knew immediately, it was Lily. As close as the two were, Rose didn't move a muscle, she scarcely allowed herself to breathe in fear of being spotted. "Are you here?" Lily continued, yet she made no move towards her cousin's bed- as Rose thought she would. After a couple of minutes of silence, Rose heard she shuffle of feet and the creaking of the door- announcing the fact that Lily had left. Letting her breath go, Rose moved out of the aching position she had been in when Lily had entered. Luckily, she had stopped crying now, but she didn't dare leave her room. She knew she would look a state- mascara and eyeliner would be smudged down her face- and although a quick flick of her wand could fix that, Rose didn't feel she would be able to go back down to party and face Scorpius.

A/N Sorry it's short, I'm just uploading it in the chapters I decided on when I wrote it, and I know this one is a lot shorter! Sorry, the next chapter isn't much longer, I'm not going to lie to you, but the chapter after that is quite a lot longer, hopefully to make up for the short chapters! 

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed, and as always please continue to vote and comment- it makes my day! Ta!

-Elise x

FINALLY, CONGRATUATIONS TO  ON COMING THIRD PLACE! AGAIN, THIS COVER IS AMAZING AND IT WAS SO HARD TO PICK! I ATTATCHED THE COVER (OF COURSE) SO YOU CAN ALL VIEW THE AMAZINGNESS! THANK YOU SO MUCH! (Oops, caps again...)