Chapter Fourteen

"Why didn't you say something when I locked the door?" Victoire asked, hands on her hips in the doorway to the room, the light flooding in behind her. She reached down and pulled her wand from her boot, flicked it and light flooded the room from the ceiling. Scorpius looked to Rose, confused as to why she didn't turn the lights on when she came in here, but he stayed silent "And why is he in here? Rose I told you only you could be in here"

"Vic, he followed me in here! I didn't know he was behind me!" Rose pleaded, she wasn't crying any more but the tears had left marks down her face. Victoire said nothing more, and just motioned for the two to come out of the room, which they did with Victoire behind them.

As Rose reached the staircase, she turned left whereas Scorpius had turned right. She trudged up the two staircases and flung open the door to her room. Lugging her suitcase onto her bed, she dug around for parchment and a quill, before starting to scribble a note to her cousin, Albus.

Albus, I'm sorry I haven't been truthful with you... I've been an awful best friend, I've kept so much from you- I guess you probably realised at least a bit of that when you found out about the Christmas thing... Believe me, I have wanted to tell you it all for so long, but I never knew how you would take it, and I never wanted to live through it again. As soon as we can, we are going to meet up and I am going to tell you everything! I'm an awful best friend, I'm so so so sorry, Albus.... I hope you understand. Rose xxx

She called out the window for her barn owl- that came swooping in immediately. She attached the letter to its leg and told it where Albus was staying whilst feeding it a handful of crumbs. She stroked its head before it flew on out the window and Rose fell back onto the bed. She closed her eyes and promptly fell asleep- not even waking up when Victoire called her down for lunch.

Albus' POV

The Malfoy Manor was a lot larger than he imagined- but then he had imagined the Potter Manor which was very small by manor standards. However, it was a lot lighter than he had originally thought. Thought the outside of the manor was dark, and- Albus thought- looked a lot like an old castle, the inside was bright and clearly renovated to keep up with the new fashion. It was much warmer than it had looked from the outside, too, for which Albus was glad for.

Albus sat in a living room decorated with green- Albus recognised it as the Slytherin green- talking to Frank Longbottom, Alice's twenty year old brother. Frank, also, had been worried sick about going to live in the Malfoy Manor, but the two were lucky enough to find that they knew each other, and that the Manor wasn't that bad- once you were inside that is. Frank looked much like his father, long face, brown hair and green eyes. He was tall and skinny, but wore baggy clothing that made him look slightly bigger.

"Albus?" Narcissa asked, a piece of parchment in hand. She- too- was much nicer than Albus had imagined. She had let her hair grow grey- which she kept up in a bun at the top of her head. Wrinkles had only just started to show themselves on her face, so she still looked much younger than she was. She wore a shapeless black dress and a green cardigan that matched the colours of the walls and the sofa that Albus was sitting on- as much as she had shook the bad ideas she once had in her head, she couldn't shake her Slytherin pride.

Albus looked up to her, and waited for her to explain why she had called him. She didn't and simply passed him the letter she had in her hand. Albus muttered a thank you, and opened the letter, eyes glancing to the bottom of the page- to see who had sent him a letter not long after he had gotten here.

"Sorry, Frank" Albus sighed, looking up at the man he was sitting next to. "I think I should read this in private, I'll be back down ASAP" Frank nodded and shuffled in his seat as Albus got up and walked up the stairs to the room he shared with Frank.

His room, too, was decorated with the Slytherin green- but Albus didn't mind it too much, it was a bit much at first but he got used to it after a while. His bed was a black-wooded four poster bed which, again, had green sheets and curtains. Either side of his bed were black wooden cabinets with lamps on top of them and the opposite side of the cabinets were large windows with green curtains. Behind Albus' bed were paintings of dogs- which comforted him. At the foot on her bed was a black chest, which Albus discovered was empty. Frank's bed- which was identical to his own save for the windows- was opposite Albus' and there was a green leather chair by the wall to the left of Albus' bed. The floor was brown wooden floorboards, but the majority of the floorboards- save for under the beds, drawers and the sofa- was covered in a white rug that brightened the whole room.

Albus fell on his back on the bed a read the letter, shaking his head and what Rose had said. He sighed and quickly scribbled a response on a piece of parchment he had found in one of the drawers of the cabinet by the left hand side of his bed.

Rose, I'm sure you have reasons for keeping from me what you have, you're not a bad friend. But of course, now I know you are- or have been- hiding things from me I want to know them. I'll talk to Narcissa about when I would be able to come over and talk to you, but it might not be soon. I'll try anyway.

I thought I'd let you know, also, that the Malfoy Manor isn't as bad as you think. It is really homely on the inside, though on the outside it certainly doesn't look it. Narcissa is lovely and she is the only Malfoy here. I haven't spoken to many people yet, but they all seem fairly nice. I've spent most my time with Frank Longbottom who says that Alice is with you? That would be lovely. Also, Narcissa has told me that Scorpius is at Grimmauld Place, with you? I presume that didn't go down too well when you found out. Oh well, we'll talk about it as whenever you meet up. Albus xxx

Albus went downstairs to find Narcissa, parchment in hand. He found her in the kitchen, casting spells to make the pots, dishes and whatnot she had used for lunch to tidy themselves up. Narcissa looked up and turned around to face Albus when he came in, a kind smile resting upon her lips.

"Oh, hello, what can I do for you, dear?" She asked, putting her wand in the pocket of her cardigan.

"I want to send this back to Rose, am I able to?" he asked, waving the parchment about so Narcissa could see. She nodded, and signalled Albus to follow her, which he did. She led him up some stairs to a small owlery, where he saw his owl resting on a perch beside a water bowl. He thanked Narcissa and tied the rope to his owl's leg and letting it go and find Rose.

A/N And that's all. Hope you enjoyed! If you did please vote/comment, you know :)

-Elise x