Chapter Twelve

A/N Hello, it's Monday!

"Glad you could join us, Rosie" Scorpius sneered "We were just getting to know each other" Rose didn't say a word, but took a seat on the sofa between Alice and Jensen. She folded her hands into her lap and stared out the window above the Malfoys' head. "What's wrong, Weasley, cat got your tongue?" Scorpius jeered before rolling his eyes and staring out the doorway next to him. Rose felt a supportive squeeze on her knee from Alice, and suddenly Jensen was talking.

"Leave her alone, you... you" Jensen stuttered as he thought of an insult "You no good, dirty rotten... uhh"

"Pureblood? Malfoy? Simeball? Rodent? Rat? Just throwing you hints here- these are all things Rosie over there has called me, don't worry, you won't offend my delicate little mind" Scorpius rolled his eyes and glared at the boy beside Rose.

"Leave it, Jensen" Rose mumbled, not moving to see him, or to see anyone for that matter.

"No, we've been here- what? - An hour? And he's been poking sticks at you the whole time!" Jensen argued, his voice rising slightly. He folded his arms over his chest, and Rose turned to see an angry look resting on his face.

"Jensen" she pleaded "Please, it's fine, I'm fine, this can get much worse and I advise you shut up before it does" Jensen's look only worsened, but he didn't say a word "I seem to have disturbed the peace, I'll leave" Rose sighed and pushed herself up off the sofa before going to leave. As she did so, she felt a hand grab her wrist, she turned to see Scorpius frowning up at her, she glared at him but she could see the look Scorpius was giving her was not an angry one, it was an upset one. "I don't have time for your moods Malfoy" Rose snatched her wrist out of his grasp and continued up to her room.

Scorpius' POV

Thoughts were swirling around Scorpius' head. Thoughts accompanied by memories. He was confused, he wanted to talk to her, he wanted to be kind, he wanted to make things better between them- but he couldn't stop himself being so angry with the way she was acting. She simply wouldn't let him. Scorpius sighed, and picked up a book he had left on the table next to the chair he was sitting on. He attempted to turn his attention to the book, but it was no use. He couldn't stop thinking about her. Why did she make him so angry? Why wouldn't she just talk to him? What he did wasn't that bad! Was it? No, of course not. Annoyed with the perplexing mood, Scorpius left and started walking up the stairs to his room. As he reached the first floor- one of the two floors he hadn't been to- he stopped. He could have sworn he heard a noise coming from one of the dark, gloomy rooms.

Focusing his eyes, Scorpius saw movement coming from right at the end of the long corridor. Being the bored and curious man he was, Scorpius walked down the long corridor, arguing with himself about whether he was allowed down here or not. I haven't been told not to come here he thought to himself. After convincing himself he was alright to be there, he took a look at his surroundings. The walls of the corridor were decorated with blue wallpaper, and dotted with lantern-like lamps every now again. Attentively, he noticed that there was only one door on his left side, three on his right, and one door at the end of the corridor. Surely he thought there is more than one room behind those doors, this corridor is huge! There can't only be five rooms on this floor! . The thought only made Scorpius more curious, and he continued his slow and careful walk to the end of the corridor. Truthfully, he was more curious to see why there was only one door on his left, but he dismissed the thought in order to pursue his reason for being there: seeing what the movement in front of him was.

Eventually, he reached the end of the large corridor. The door had been left open, but only by a crack- from further away it had looked shut. He pressed the fingertips of his right hand onto the door, but he didn't push the door open. Looking at the door- and the contrast with his fingertips- he noticed that the wood was Black. It was a major difference compared to the rest of the bright and colourful house, but Scorpius ignored it. He took a step closer to the door, but still did not push it open. He tilted his head to the right, so that his left ear was slightly forward- and he listened. After not hearing a sound for a couple of seconds, he carefully and slowly pushed the door open. The room would have been pitch black was it not from the small light- that Scorpius immediately recognised as a wand light- in the corner of the room. As far as Scorpius could tell, the room was empty. He watched the light move across the wall, but he didn't move in. The room was large enough for Scorpius to not be able to tell what was on the walls- what the person who was in the room was looking at- but the room was small enough for Scorpius to tell who it was looking at the walls.