Chapter Twenty Seven

Dominique shook her head, and an emotion took over her face that Rose didn't think she had ever seen, or at least she had not seen it since that happened- she almost looked... genuinely upset?

"No... Look, I'm sorry, Rose" Dominique sighed "I'm sorry for everything, and I know you're not going to except my apology. And I know you want an explanation, but I can't. Honestly I want to end this, I really do- I don't want to be in an argument with my family, or part of it at least. But I can't explain, I don't... I'm sorry. I'm going to go now. I'm going to leave this room, leave this house... I'm going back to the war, no doubt everyone will be worried why I have even stayed this long... I'm going to go now, and you don't ever have to see me again, I'm sorry"

Without giving anyone a chance to say anything against what Dominique just said, she left. She was true to her word, and left the house without a word to anyone.

"Well, uhm..." Albus sighed, breaking the silence they had been in since Dominique left the room.

"That was eventful" Scorpius continued.

"I saw what she did to you" Rose scowled, looking at Scorpius.

"And you saw that I didn't like it, calm down Rosie, I hate her just as much as you do- she didn't just ruin your happiness you know" Scorpius laughed. Rose smiled, but she did not have the energy within her to laugh. "We should go downstairs, seeing other people may boost your spirits" Rose nodded, and grabbed Scorpius' hand, which he had held out for her to take. The trio walked downstairs, into the hubbub of the living room.

Albus walked off to find Frank, who was sitting in silence with Alice- still upset about McGonagall- leaving Scorpius and Rose alone. Scorpius pulled her along, into another room that Rose hadn't even seen. It was another living room, yet this one was a lot smaller than the other two. It was just smaller than the room Rose was in, and although that was pretty big in comparison to her normal standard of living space, it was tiny for the Malfoy Manor.

Scorpius led her to a small sofa, just big enough for the two to sit on, and sat down, patting the seat next to him for her to sit, which she did. As she collapsed into the chair, she couldn't help but burst into tears.

"What's wrong?" Scorpius softly spoke, running his hands over her gorgeous red hair.

"This is all too much" Rose sobbed, her hands at her face, not wanting to look at Scorpius.

"Shh" he whispered, letting Rose lean on him as he put his arm around her, softly stroking her arm as she cried.

The two sat there for a while, as Rose cried her thoughts away and Scorpius sat there comforting her, and did not say a word unless she spoke to him directly. Finally, Rose calmed herself down, and she wiped her tears- and her ruined make up- from her face. She sat up and looked at Scorpius, forcing herself not to cry again. She went to speak, but before she had a chance to, Scorpius started.

"Red..." he whispered. That single word, once again, almost set Rose off. He brought his hands to her cheeks, forcing her to look him in the eye. "Red, I'm sorry"

"I feel like that word has been said too much recently, and way too much by you in your life" Rose replied, her voice no louder than his. "Scorp, I've been so mean to you. I'm so sorry, you didn't deserve any of it"

"Shh" he coaxed, wiping the tears that fell from her eyes "Shh, it doesn't matter"

"It does, Scorpius" Rose demanded, "I've been horrible to you, I'm so sorry, I was a jerk, I should have spoken to you, I didn't even hear what you had to say!"

"No, no... Look Rose, that's all behind us now, isn't it? I don't care. Besides, I doubt you would have believed me anyhow. You were angry, and you had every right to be from your point of view, and yes, I was angry too. But I don't care, not anymore. I just want you to be happy- I can't be happy until you are, it has always been that way"

"I'm sorry" she whispered, the tears free flowing once again. Scorpius leaned in closer to her, so that their faces were just an inch away.

"Stop" he muttered "Stop apologising, there is nothing you can do about it now. All is said and done. We are here now, that is all that matters."

Rose looked back into his eyes once again, he wiped the tears away. All of them. She took a deep breath and went to speak, just as they heard a knock on the door, and a call.

"Dinner's ready!"

A/N I was going to continue this chapter, make it a bit more... interesting. But as you can see I decided to stop it. So, sorry it's a bit shorter but hey ho, it'll get better further on. Hope you enjoyed, please vote and comment if you enjoyed- you know comments make me really happy :D see ya soon!

-Elise x