Chapter Thirty Six

A/N I swear down half the time I never even want this stuff. I did not want any of what happened in this chapter to happen, but hey- here we are.

But oh, I now realise why authors kill so many of their characters (JKR I'm looking at you) it is fun to see how people react. DON'T WORRY NOBODY IS DYING!!!!!!!!!!!!! I SHOULD MAKE THAT CLEAR I AM NOT KILLING ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lucius flung Rose against the wall with a flick of his wand. They had been in this dark room, which Rose could still not make any sense of, for half an hour now. He was questioning her, and every time she said anything he was not happy with he would throw her. She was in so much pain, she could feel the blood trickling down her face and she was pretty sure her arm was broken.

"Where is he?" Lucius demanded.

"I... I don't... know" Rose whimpered. BANG! He threw her into the wall again. CRACK! Rose wasn't sure what part of her body that was- everywhere hurt.

"ANSWER ME!" He demanded once more.

"I DON'T KNOW!" Rose yelled, sobbing. The tears had been free-flowing for at least twenty minutes by this point. The pain Lucius was causing her was immense "please" she whimpered, "I don't know". She massage her arm where she was pretty sure it was broken. He walked up to her until his face was only inches away from her.

"There are people in this building that would not hesitate to do far worse to you than I have done- and I am on the verge of doing those things right now. You answer me or I won't hesitate either" Lucius threatened. She shrunk back, getting as far away from him as possible, though she was in the corner of the broken room and there wasn't very far she was able to move.

"I don't know" she whispered "I promise you, sir, I know he's here but I don't know where" she wept.

"Fine" Lucius snarled, and with a wave of his cloak he left the room, and Rose heard the click of the lock as he left.

Rose sobbed harder and harder. She was in so much pain, she had no doubt that there would be bruises all over her body- she had hit the walls in every which position. The pain in her arm was unbearable, but the thought of the man torturing Scorpius was even worse- but she had cracked, hadn't she? She told him he was here, he'll find him now. Rose hoped and hoped he was hidden well.

Rose lifted her uninjured- or less injured, that was- arm to her head. Her soft red hair was now coarse, full of dirt and little bits of rubble and sticking every which way. The left hand side of her jaw was swollen from where she had been thrown into the wall. She could barely keep her eyes open. She was tired, but she didn't dare fall asleep- she knew something worse would come if he found her asleep when he returned.

She wanted to get up, but her legs faltered.  Lucius had removed the silencing and binding spells when he had dropped her in the middle of the room- on top of a large pile of rubble at that, piercing the soft skin on her back- but she still felt bound. She didn't make a sound as she cried- scared she would attract the attention of a passing death eater,  but she still shook terribly. Her shoulders were hunched but they moved up and down at a scary rate, as did her arms. Her tears feel down her face like a small stream, on a course straight to the floor.

*

The door burst open. The light was almost blinding, the three of them had sat in silence and darkness for about ten minutes, not of them had anything left to say.

Scorpius wished one of them had, though, as his mind was now occupied with thoughts of Rose, where was she? Was she safe? Was she here? He needed a distraction.

The light, however, was not the distraction he wanted. Someone walked into the doorway. A tall man with long hair- though all Scorpius could see was a silhouette. He walked further into the room, and the door swung closed behind him, but of course is did not lock. The man stood there, overpowering and silent, for a quite a time- or it felt like that to Scorpius anyway. As his eyes adjusted, Scorpius started to make out the features on the man's face. He had angry grey eyes- the same colour as his and his fathers- and he had silver-blonde hair that would be the same as his fathers were it not for the flecks of grey. Was this his grandfather? Draco had not let Scorpius even see photos of his grandfather, so Scorpius had no true was of knowing, but somehow he felt it. It was Lucius Malfoy.

"Hello Scorpius" the man said. His voice deep and full of malevolence. Scorpius heard shuffling from beside him, from where Harry and Ron were sat, but he didn't dare break eye contact with Lucius.

"Leave him be, Malfoy" Harry said, hiding a grimace as he stood up. Scorpius didn't realise quite how small the man was, but he was almost a head under Lucius, which did not fill Scorpius with any hope.

"What, I'm not allowed to tak to my Grandson,  Potter?" Lucius asked. An evil smirk grew on his face as his wand seeming appeared from nothing in his hand. He flicked his wrist and Harry flew to the side. Scorpius heard a crunch and a howl of pain as he hit the wall, and he shrunk back into himself as he watched. A laugh escaped Lucius' lips before he turned back to Scorpius, "Come with me, Scorpius" he said before turning on his heel and leaving the room.

Scorpius stayed where he was. He did not want to follow this man, this death eater, this stranger even if he was his grandfather. Lucius helf the door open for him and looked back into the dark room. His wand was in his hand, and Scorpius realised it was pointed at him.

"Well?" Lucius asked. Scorpius scrambled onto his feet, shot a sorrowful glance at the other men in this... cell and followed Lucius out of the room.

A/N See? No deaths! But I honestly can't wait to see your reactions- I'm evil aha. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed (? Actually, no I hope you hated it. Please say you didn't enjoy torture... I don't like it, I just had [??] to write it for the storyline to be interesting. Oh I have no idea what I am talking about) please vote and comment and I'll see you next week with (maybe) a cheerier chapter (probably not).

-Elise xxx