Chapter Fourty

A/N Wait, I thought I said this wasn't going to be as long as Forbidden love? It's pretty much as along as it now... oops

A couple of days later Rose's family had gone off in drabs back to fight in the war. Soon, only Scorpius was left, as he was the only one not supposed to be fighting other than Molly and Arthur who had to go back to the house they were caring for.

At that moment, Scorpius was sitting in the white room as Rose slept soundly on the bed beside him. She was pretty much fully recovered, but Scorpius didn't want to take her back to the Manor as he knew that would mean getting a yelling from his Grandmother, and he was not in the mood for that right now.

Just as he had gotten to the good bit in his book, he heard Rose stir. Reluctantly he put the book down and looked at Rose. She had woken and was staring at Scorpius, smiling.

"Yes?" Scorpius asked, the first smile on his lips in a while.

"I feel better" Rose smiled, pushing herself into a sitting position.

"Well thank Merlin, we've only been here for a week- and you've had pretty much constant Healer attention!" Scorpius almost laughed, it was nice to feel happy again.

"I want to fight" she said bluntly, the smile dropping off her face in place of complete seriousness.

"What? No!" Scorpius demanded "No way am I letting you go out there!"

"You don't control me" Rose shrugged, shimmying to the side of the bed and letting her bare feet dangle off the edge.

"No, but I told you parents, no your whole family, that I have protected you and that I will continue to do so" Scorpius replied. He stood up and took a step so that he was no further than a foot away from her face.

"And?" Rose shrugged. She jumped off the high edge of the bed and walked to the door. Scorpius hadn't even noticed that she had changed into clothes that her parents had brought for her to leave in- not that they expected it to be before the war was over.

"And you are not going out there!" Scorpius laughed at the stupidity, why was Rose so adamant to going out there?

"You can't stop me!" Rose laughed. Grabbing her cloak- the one Narcissa had brought for her- from the hanger Scorpius had failed to notice.

"Ugh, not this again" Scorpius sighed "fine, let's go" Rose grinned as he took his hand and apparated to the tent were her parents were.

*

Scorpius paced up and down the small room the large-ish group were in. Worried. He knew he had to go to this battle, he needed to save people- he didn't want anyone else do die. But he was scared. Of course he was scared, he was going into the middle of a war for Merlin's sake! But he couldn't stop pacing. Rose had tried to calm him down enough times. It didn't work. Pretty much everyone in this small room who was injured or crying had tried to stop him pacing. It was unnerving for most people.

"Scorpius stop!" Rose demanded from the bench she was sitting on against the wall, finally giving in to her annoyance. Scorpius looked at her and sighed, before looking down to the floor.

"I'm sorry" Scorpius mumbled. He had stopped pacing but had begun tapping his feet on the floor- he just couldn't keep still, he was too nervous. Rose sighed and stood up, walking over to Scorpius. She rested her hand on his arm.

"Hey, don't panic" Rose smiled kindly, giving his arm a quick squeeze. Scorpius took a deep breath in a nodded, giving Rose a faint smile,

"What's up?" she asked. Scorpius shook his head. Rose dropped her hand until it met his. She entwined her fingers in his long ones, and gave his hand a (hopefully) comforting squeeze.

"Talk to me" she whispered, pleading him to let her help him.

"I'm just nervous" Scorpius said, looking sadly into Rose's eyes. "I don't know how this is going to go. I don't want anyone to die, and I don't want any of this to be happening. I don't want to go out there, but I know I have to"

"You don't have to do anything" Rose comforted.

"But I have to go out there. I need to help. I just don't want to. It's scary" Scorpius sighed, looking at his feet once again.

"Hey, I'm with you okay? Always" Rose ended the sentence with a whisper. She gave his hand another squeeze and stretched up to her tip-toes to give him a quick kiss on the cheek.

A/N Okay, so no action this chapter but I'm pretty much just winding the book down now, as it's almost finished and I don't have much inspiration to add much more to the plot. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed and please vote and comment if you did. See ya next week

Elise x