Chapter Nine

A/N Guess who remembered to upload ON A MONDAY?? But seriously, I've been home (pretty much) all day and it took me until 8 in the evening to remember to post... oops? 

I have reason to believe that this chapter is fair bit longer (It's over 2 thousand words, the others have been fifteen hundred, so be happy, yeah?)

Oh, and I should add that, yes, I did loose this chapter too- but I am happy with it's outcome, thank you :)

Hermione squeezed her daughters hand as the two apparated to Grimmauld Place. They arrived in the room that Hermione had been in when she stayed here before and during her fifth year, whilst the Order had operated here- which they had planned to do but could obviously no longer do so. Hermione looked around to see that nothing hand changed- of course it hadn't, nobody had stayed here since she did. Rose lugged her suitcase to the foot of a bed Hermione recognised as her own- or the one she had when she stayed.

"Good choice" Hermione smiled, the memories of staying her flooding back to her "I spoke to Victoire and Teddy to make sure you could have this room- of course they said yes. This was my room when I stayed here with Dad and Uncle Harry... Lots of good memories in this place" Rose sighed and nodded, walking to the window and looking out of it.

"Mum" Rose said, turning back to face Hermione "As happy as I am to stay here, to be somewhere I know, and with people I know, I'm scared that being here is going to ruin my good memories, your good memories here- I think the war will do that"

"Nonsense, honey" Hermione comforted, putting a hand on Rose's shoulder "You're going to be here with people you don't know, and possibly people do. You're going to make good memories here- to add to the ones you have already. Obviously you will make bad memories here too, it is a war after all, but they won't outdo the good ones- I promise, I've already lived through war enough to tell you that. Come here" Hermione opened her arms out, and Rose hugged her. As they did so, they apparated to the kitchen, were Victoire and Teddy were busy making and setting out lunch for everybody. Victoire was startled by their entry at first, but shook the shock off quickly.

"Oh, Rosie you're here!" Victoire smiled "There's three people here already, a boy about your age and two girls- I didn't get their ages but they were younger, at least five years younger, I'm not sure" Victoire shrugged "If you want to go greet them you're more than welcome, but you can stay here too if you wish" she then turned to Hermione "Aunt Hermione, will you be staying long, we can prepare you lunch too if you wish?" Hermione shook her head.

"Unfortunately no, Victoire, as much as I wish I could- that lunch smells amazing Teddy!" Hermione smiled at Teddy and he nodded a thank you in response. "I best be off to help everyone in the Order"

"Okay, Auntie, I'll let you say your goodbyes" Victoire nodded before turning back to Teddy and the lunch.

Hermione turned back to Rose, who- again, but expectedly- was crying. Hermione silently hugged her, not needing to say anything. Rose squeezed her tight before letting go.

"Be safe, Mum" Rose whispered, looking into Hermione's eyes. Hermione whispered her promise back. She gave Rose's hand one last squeeze before letting go and apparating away. Rose sighed and turned back to her cousin and Teddy. The two were standing together- Teddy's arms around his wife, they stood there in silence, smiling kindly on to Rose, as they had watched the parting between her and her mother. Victoire nodded and walked over to Rose, hugging her. After she let go, she began to speak.

"The others are in the living room across the hall, as you know. Unfortunately I didn't catch any of their names, so I can't tell if you know them or not. The boy arrived about an hour ago and- sadly- on his own. The two girls arrived together with their mothers about ten minutes ago. If you want to go and greet them be my guest, if not you can stay and talk to us or.. Oh you can do what you want, Rosie, you know where everything is!" Victoire laughed at the end of her explanation.