Chapter Thirty Five

A/N Sorry I didn't upload last week, I was on holiday- I'll make up for it eventually, hopefully. 

Scorpius was flung into a dark room by the old witch he did not know. His hands had been bound and his wand taken, and the only light source was that from the tip of the witch's wand.

"Please!" he whimpered, pleading, but the witch only snarled at him before turning away and slamming the door shut.

There was movement in the corner of the room, but it was too dark for Scorpius to see what it was. There was a grunt, as someone tried to move but they sounded as if they were in pain. As Scorpius' eyes started to adjust, he could make out the shapes of not just one man, but two. Their figures started becoming clearer and clearer, as were the colours. Scorpius could make out matted ginger hair and black dust-stained clothes. The other man was wearing similar coloured clothes, but his hair was not ginger- but black. Something clicked and Scorpius instantly knew who they were; he gasped.

"Harry Potter..." he muttered "Ron, Weasley..." Scorpius shook his head- no, two of the world's greatest wizards cannot be sat injured in a death eater prison in the ministry.

"Surprised, are you?" Ron croaked.

"We fought one war, we don't have the power to fight another" Harry mumbled, but Scorpius could hear him- the room was not awfully big and the rubble all over the floor made it seem a hell of a lot smaller.

"Who are you?" Ron asked, his eyes squinting as he tried to focus on Scorpius.

"Scorp... ius Malfoy" Scorpius answered, realising neither of them would know him as 'Scorp'.

"A Malfoy, eh?" Ron asked, clearly the stronger of the two "What, did your Grandfather throw you in here?"

"Ron" Harry groaned, his hands on his side

"Pollux Greengrass is here?" Scorpius asked, eager yet upset at the thought of his kind grandfather being with the death eaters.

"No, Malfoy, Lucius- a Malfoy, like you" Ron practically spat

"Ron!" Harry groaned, this time louder and more serious, Scorpius heard a muttered "sorry" as Ron's head dropped.

"Don't worry" Scorpius sighed "I've never met my Grandfather, not that one at least. Father wouldn't let me, Mother never liked him either" Scorpius shrugged

"You're better off that way" Harry smiled kindly at him

"So then the answer to your question, Sir, is no, my Grandfather did not throw me in here, I didn't even know he was here" Scorpius explained.

"Of course he's here, they all broke out of Azkaban, that's the whole reason we're in this bloody war" Ron said angrily.

"RON!" Harry shouted as loud as he could- though that was not very loud. Scorpius scrambled over to the pair, though without the use of his hands it was a lot harder than he imagined.

"What happened to you?" Scorpius asked quietly, as if afraid something was going to happen to him if he asked "I mean, how did you get thrown in here?"

"We were checking out the place for death eaters, seeing if it was safe" Ron explained, Scorpius could see his hands weren't bound but his legs were as he attempted to push himself up in his sitting position, "clearly, it was not" Scorpius sight "What are you doing here?" Ron asked "Surely you're not old enough to fight yet?" he continued. Scorpius shook his head.

"No, I was looking for Rose" Scorpius confessed.

"ROSE? As in... as in my Rose?" Ron asked, immediately worried. Scorpius nodded but sunk down in his position, he felt as if he had let the man down but he had never even met him until this point. "What in Merlin's name is she doing here? She should be at Grimmauld!" Ron practically roared.

"It's a long story, Sir" Scorpius mumbled.

"We've got time, spit it out" Ron said angrily.

"Ron" Harry mumbled once again, but it was clear his words were not doing anything to his best friend's attitude. Scorpius took a deep breath in, and began to explain.

"Rose was at Grimmauld, yes- so was I, but it got struck by something, a bomb I presume, and it went up in flames. Everyone got out but a lot was lost a-" Scorpius went to continue, but he was cut off.

"Grimmauld place is gone?" Harry asked, his voice barely louder than a breath.

"Yes... I'm sorry" Scorpius said, his head hanging once again, Harry replied quietly, something along the lines of "it's okay" before Ron demanded he continue. "We were walking for a while, but somehow Teddy and Victoire found somewhere else for us to go. We apparated to the Malfoy Manor and we stayed there for a couple of days" Scorpius took a deep breath "Rose and the rest of your family staying at the Manor got the news of Professor McGonagall's injury-"

"Why do you call her Professor? Surely she was not there when you were" Harry asked, confused.

"No, but I don't know what else to call her- my father has always called her Professor. Besides, it doesn't seem right calling her Minerva, or anything else- she is a Professor, that's what I'll call her" Scorpius explained, before continuing with his story "When Rose heard the news she was horribly upset, I presume she was close with her? I mean she called her 'Auntie Minnie' so I guess so?" Ron and Harry both nodded, but allowed Scorpius to carry on, "I spoke to her, and she said she wanted to go and see her, but I persuaded her not to go because she wouldn't be allowed... But a couple of nights after she left. I mean, I saw her go, and I stopped her, or I tried to at least... Nothing I said would stop her so I thought I would go with her, to try and protect her"

"What makes you think you can protect my Rosie?" Ron demanded.

"I... I'm a trained Auror, Sir, I wanted to help her... Besides she, she means a lot to me" Scorpius mumbled the last part, hoping the girl's father wouldn't hear him, but the look on his face made it clear to Scorpius that he had. "We walked and apparated around, getting closer to St. Mungo's. When we arrived we saw that half the building had been blown apart. Rose apparated into the hospital and found Professor McGonagall; she was unconscious and had lost a lot of blood. I healed the wound and she soon woke up, but... but she died... She must have lost too much blood before I was able to heal her..."

"She's... dead?" Harry asked, his voice a whispered.

"Yes, I'm sorry- I did all I could but I'm not a healer... I'm sorry" Scorpius sighed, his eyes looking down once again.

"It's not your fault, Scorpius" Harry said, his strong voice faltering "Thank you for what you did for her"

"Her last words were: 'Save us all- we cannot win'... I mean she was talking to Rose, asking her to save everyone- I think she took it too literally" Scorpius sighed, shaking his head.

"How was she about it?" Ron asked, the previous anger from his voice gone, replaced by sorrow and grief.

"She cried, so so much. We were in the field- where she died- for at least an hour whilst Rose cried. But she was so strong about it. She took my hand and we apparated to a cottage- I believe it was your house. She found her cat- Minnie- and we spent a while there.  Roses seemed pretty happy, she was back home, and she was with her cat... I think she was pretending nothing had happened"

"Seems like my Rosie alright" Ron sighed.

"After a while, we started talking about it all again. Rose made a promise to a girl at the Manor that if she left before Ailbe- the girl- did, she would get her cat, Toby, for her. I don't know why Rose was so up to keeping it, but nothing I could say would stop her from finding a way to find this cat. I told her we had no idea where Toby would be, he could be anywhere in the whole country... but Rose was adamant. She said she was going to go the ministry- to come here- to find out where Ailbe lived... She apparated. I have no idea where she went, I bet she didn't even leave the goddamn house but I panicked, and I apparated here, bad move... I got caught so quickly" Scorpius' head dropped, he had finished his story.

A/N I don't really have much to say for this chapter... so I hope you enjoyed! Please vote and comment if you did so- you know how happy that makes me :D

-Elise xxx