Chapter Eighteen

A/N Hope you enjoy this weeks- it gets very interesting from here ;) or I think this chapter's interesting, at least! (And I'm sorry it's late)

"Wh-what?" Rose stuttered "I thought you said neither me nor Scorpius would tell you?" Rose asked, keeping her voice quiet so that she did not yell. Jensen sighed, and shook his head.

"I'm sorry, Rose, I didn't want to lie to you... I just wanted to hear it from you first" Jensen shook his head sadly "Or I mean, I wanted you to actually tell me, I thought you could trust me!"

"I do trust you, that's just not something I tell, I haven't told anybody I swear! The only person who knows is Scorpius, and now you..." Rose sighed, before narrowing her eyes with revelation and looking back up to Jensen "What did he tell you, anyway?"

"He told me what I need to know" Jensen shrugged, and then went to leave.

"No" Rose said, catching his wrist and pulling him back to the bed, "No, I want to know what he told you, I want to check he's not feeding you lies, I'll be honest, I swear on Merlin's name, I want to know what you know" Jensen sighed, and sat back down properly.

"He told me the two of you were friends, good friends. In third year, you became really close- but you didn't let anybody know. Not Albus- who Scorpius informed me is your best friend as well as your cousin" Rose nodded to this statement "Not anybody. Scorpius didn't tell anybody either- all his friends believed him to be on the worst terms possible with you, as did all of yours- I assume" Rose nodded again, but let him continue "He then told me that at the end of your third year, you had a big argument- massive one. He didn't tell me what the argument was about- he said it was private and it brought back bad memories, and I respect that, and I respect him and I respect you so I'm not going to go prying into what the argument was about. But after the argument, you were never the same. You never agreed to meet him anymore, and you got annoyed with him easily- starting the bickering. I don't know who's in the wrong with the argument- or whether either of you truly are- but he said he became angry with the way you were acting, so he started retaliating. The two of you started duelling frequently, you got into trouble a lot- that much I already knew, word spreads fast in Hogwarts you know that- and you were never the same. You became enemies, you hated each other to the core; you haven't forgiven him, and perhaps that is reasonable, but he has somewhat forgiven you, and he is more than happy to fully forgive you if you just apologise to him for the way you acted. But that's not for me to initiate; I just want to know if what he has told me is true, is it?" Rose said nothing and simply nodded.

BEGINNING OF THIRD YEAR

Rose walked calmly down the hallway to the library, a pile of books in her hand ready to return- even though she had only taken them out of the library the previous day. As she was walking, she heard someone behind her. Trying her best not to take any notice of it, she turned the corner to the hall the library was on. She carried on silently, but slowly walking faster and faster to get away from whoever was behind her, as they were not walking away and she was starting to get a bit... scared. She entered the library at a quick pace, hurriedly returning the books to the librarian and scurrying off to her little corner at the back of the library. She grabbed a book as she walked- not once looking back. She took her usual seat as far into the corner as she could get before opening the book and distracting herself- as her stalker still hadn't given up.

"Weasley" a voice said. Rose snapped her head up- she could recognise that voice with ease. A thirteen year-old Scorpius Malfoy stood behind her- an unusual stalker, Rose thought, but annoying nonetheless.

"What do you want, Malfoy? Here to attempt to torment me? Because you know full well that works no more than your attempts and jinxing me do" Rose sneered, standing up so that she had more height on her- though Scorpius was still much taller than she.