Chapter Twenty Four

A/N Hello! This chapter is the book really getting into the action now... I hope you enjoy!

The next morning Rose and Albus were up early. Much earlier than anyone else. They sat huddled up on one of the two-seater black sofas in front of the fire in the Malfoy's second living room. Rose hugged her knees to her chest, and Albus sat cross-legged on the sofa beside her. Neither said a word

"Where should I start?" Rose said eventually, after the two had been sitting in silence for more than 5 minutes.

"From the beginning" Albus said "When you first met, when you first talked I don't know, when we were young I guess, first year?" Rose nodded and begun to tell the story. The story of her hatred towards the Malfoy boy pushed by their fathers. Their secret meetings in third year (which was met to "what? How could you not tell me Rose! That sounds so much fun! Sneaking out at night! Wow" to which Rose responded with a very harsh "Shh") and their growing friendship.

"About six months into third year, Scorpius and I were meeting each other practically every other night. Nobody had the faintest idea!" Rose laughed silently at the concept, but her mood was sharply changed at the realisation of what she had to say next. She looked to the floor. How could she say it? What way could she word it? "On the tenth of February 2018, Scorpius Malfoy asked me out. And I said yes" She didn't look at Albus. She didn't need to. She could practically hear his expression.

"Rose! What on earth?" Albus said "How can you... What are you...? WHAT?" Rose looked over to her cousin.

"Shh... you'll wake someone up!" She whispered. Neither of them said anything. Rose waited for Albus to think it through, to let it sink in. Albus nodded and Rose continued.

"It was the best four months I had ever had. We met up every other night. We got on so well! Albus... I loved him" Rose sighed.

"What? Rose you were thirteen!" Albus almost laughed

"I know, I know. And I didn't know I loved him then, only now... looking back..." Rose gulped and closed her eyes. Pushed back tears, knowing what she had to say next.

"Wait, what you said at the party... Do you... you still..." Albus didn't want to say it, but Rose knew exactly what he meant. She nodded, her eyes closed, but said nothing else on the matter. The two heard the stairs creak as someone was on their way down. Albus assured Rose it was probably Narcissa, she always got up early. Usually always the earliest up- but sometimes Albus liked the peace before even she got up.

"We were together for four months. It was one of the best times of my life- even seven years later I still believe it- but then... On the 16th of June, I went to visit him again. As usual. We had planned it, as usual. I snuck the invisibility cloak from its hiding place in the common room. I snuck out. Everything was fine. I arrived at the room of requirement. The doors opened for me, slower than usual- like the room knew there was something in there I didn't want to see. And it was right. I hung the cloak up on the rack, as usual. Then I turned around. Scorpius was sitting on the blue sofa he usually did. But instead of the book he normally had with him whilst he waited for me- he was almost always early- there was something, someone, else. Another girl. She was literally on top of him, it was awful. And he was kissing her. I gasped and the two broke apart. They turned to face me. He was kissing-"

There was a knock at the door. It broke Rose and Albus from their conversation the front door was right next to the room they were in, and so they did not continue their conversation. Narcissa walked through, nodded and smiled at the two and carried on to the front door. Albus and Rose sat in silence as they waited for whoever it was at the door to leave. The door slammed shut, and Narcissa pointed someone in the opposite direction- towards the kitchen. Narcissa walked into the room calmly, though Albus and Rose could see something was wrong.