Chapter Thirteen

A/N I REMEMBERED! That's two weeks in a row that I remembered, ON A MONDAY!

Ngl, I cried when I wrote this one... Oh, and sorry it's short, I guess. 

Her head was in her hands when Scorpius looked to her, and if he didn't know how strong her willpower was, he would have though she was crying. He turned back to the wall- checking he had seen correctly, it was definitely his name on the wall... yes.

"It's magic" Rose croaked "every time someone new joins the family they join the family tree, you're there, your father's there, and children you may have will also be there... your wife" her voice was almost silent during the last two words, she didn't once raise her head.

"Is that why you're sitting here?" Scorpius asked. Rose shook her head and pointed to the picture- it was burnt out- above her. 'Sirius Black' it read.

"I loved hearing stories about him from Uncle Harry, Mum and Dad..." She explained, removing her hands from her face but still not looking at him. "He was fascinating... mischievous, talented, loving.... I wish I could have met him..." Rose shook her head slightly, and Scorpius wondered what was going on in her mind.

"Rose- this is my family" Scorpius said, bewildered. He didn't know why he felt the need to say that, but he did.

"I know" she whispered, it was barely audible, but Scorpius could hear her. Scorpius didn't know what to say, and so he waited for Rose to continue "There are so many bad people on these walls" she finally looked up, but only stared into the darkness around her "Bellatrix, your grandfather... Even Sirius' mother was a bad person for burning out some people's names from the wall..." Rose took a deep breathe, and Scorpius realised she sounded as if she was about to cry, but he didn't try to comfort her- he knew that would end badly. "But there are so many good people on these walls too... Sirius... Andromeda... They got burnt out, and I don't find that very fair at all" Rose fell silent again and she dropped her head. Scorpius knew she was finished, but he didn't say a word. He just sat there, thinking. What does she class me as? Scorpius thought in her mind, I am a bad person, but in reality I'm not... Does she realise that?

"Why won't you listen to what I have to say?" Scorpius asked, and Rose immediately knew he wasn't talking about the tapestry walls. She shook her head but didn't say a word. And neither did he. They just sat there in silence, again.

"Because I don't want to remember it" Rose breathed at last, looking up in Scorpius' eyes with tears in her own. Scorpius nodded and looked to the floor, putting his wand where his eyes were gazing between his legs. He then took a deep breathe before looking back to Rose.

"Rose, if you would just listen to what I had to say, I don't want us to fight" Scorpius said, calmly and quietly, true to his word about not wanting to fight her.

"And neither do I, Scorpius, but I don't want to hear it, I don't want to live through it again" Rose muttered, her tone matching his. This time, Scorpius didn't mention the way she called him- it was only fair, he had been calling her by her name all the time they had been here... even if it was used in spite at first.

Scorpius looked over to Rose, she had dropped her head again, but he could see the tears rolling down her cheeks. He shimmied over so that he sat closer to her, picked up his wand and muttered the patronus charm- using a memory strong enough to produce a clear corporeal patronus, a lion that began bounding around the room. Rose looked up, and Scorpius could have sworn he heard her gasp. She then, too, cast the patronus charm- though it took a little more effort on her part- and a corporeal patronus of a lioness came bounding out of her wand. The two patronuses met, and the two lions began nuzzling each other. Scorpius and Rose turned to face each other. Both their faces wore expressions of surprise and shock, and it took them a minute before Scorpius spoke.

"Red, I still love you"

A/N Vote, comment, ly all

Also, just realised this is chapter thirteen- quite fitting (for me) as thirteen is my favourite chapter and this is definitely my favourite chapter so far- plus it's a great chapter ending-wise haha

-Elise x