Chapter Eleven

A/N Helloooo, how was your week? Let's continue (that was a genuine question though, how are you?)

And I'm sorry for missing yesterday....

"We're missing two people" Victoire said, staring at her letter with a confused look upon her face, she turned to Teddy before continuing "It says here we're looking after eight children, well not children, but you know what I mean... There's only six here... Does your letter say anything different?" Teddy shook his head.

"They've got to be coming, we're allowed no less than seven children, perhaps they're coming together and got lost along the way" Teddy shrugged, trying to come up with a logical explanation, he then turned to Rose, who was again sitting on the counter top "Any ideas Rosie? And stop sitting up there, you'll get it dirty! We prepare food on there you know!"

"Sorry" Rose mumbled, and she was about to explain that Teddy's idea was perfectly logical and that she had no others when the doorbell went off. She walked to the door- the first out of the kitchen- to welcome the latecomers. She opened the door to see two similar looking boys standing in front of her.

"Hello" she heard a lady call, but she couldn't see the lady because of the tall boys standing in front of her. Not that it mattered, Rose could recognise that distinctly high voice from anywhere.

"Luna!" She called, grinning through a gap between the twins "Lorcan, Lysander! Come in!" The twins walked forward, revealing their mother, who had been standing behind them and who, of course, was covered head to toe in all sorts of jewellery that repelled this that and the other beast that Rose had never heard the name of. Rose hugged her godmother, as Victoire walked into the hallway.

"So it appears you know a fair few people here Rosie" Victoire laughed. Rose nodded still smiling, but after she thought about those who she wasn't with- namely Albus- the smile dropped, as Rose looked to the floor. "Sorry" Victoire mumbled, realising she had lead Rose to think about those not with her.

"It's alright Vic" Rose forced a smile and then turned to the twins "Would you like me to show you to your rooms?" Rose looked at the boys, waiting for a response.

Lysander had a longer face than his brother, but it was still rounded where it should be. He was a good looking boy, despite the almost black eyes, the scar on his left cheek and birthmark on his neck. His dirty blonde, curly hair fell down his face, almost at his jawline. He wore a white shirt and black trousers, and a black blazer to keep himself warm as well as to keep him looking smart. Lorcan, on the other hand had a more rounded face and unlike his brother he had no scars or birthmarks on his face. He had dark brown eyes and slightly bushy eyebrows. His wavy hair fell down the side of his face, and was much shorter than the length his brother had grown his to. He was almost always smiling, and didn't have the same sense of dress as his brother. He wore a white t-shirt and washed-out jeans.

"Sure" the twins announced, simultaneously, after a short pause. Rose nodded and led them out of the hallway and up the adjoining staircase. She showed the two to the same floor she had showed to Jensen. She opened the door opposite Jensen's room, and spotted a suitcase laying haphazardly on the bed. There was only one, so she assumed it was Scorpius'. At least I know where he is now Rose thought to herself, sighing.

"Sorry" Rose shrugged, turning to face the twins "Didn't realise somebody was already in that room, oh and do you want one room or two?"

"Two" the boys said simultaneously- again. As they nodded, their curls bounced over their heads- something Rose found cute, but in a way fairly childish. She opened the door to the room next to Jensen's- it was empty.

"Here's one" she said, leaving the door open and going to test the room opposite it. It was empty too. "And here's the other. The rooms are identical, and it doesn't matter who has what room. Nobody's unpacked yet, but feel free if you want to" the boys shook their head- they had both appeared in the doorway of their rooms (Lorcan on Rose's left, Lysander on her right) after they had dumped their luggage- and motioned for Rose to lead the way back down.

Victoire had disappeared back into the kitchen- presumably with Luna too. Rose pointed out the living room, but the boys followed her into the kitchen. As the three walked into the room, Rose heard Luna's explanation of nargles, which was probably about the fiftieth time Rose had heard the elusive explanation.

"Ah, boys, your back!" Luna grinned, as she turned to her sons. And then suddenly the smile dropped. Rose had never seen Luna not smiling, it was extraordinary. Her face didn't look right without her gleaming smile. Lorcan and Lysander were no longer smiling, either, though Rose had seen this before. "I'll miss you, boys" she mumbled.

"Don't die, Mum" Lorcan whispered.

"Be safe, Mum" Lysander added. Luna opened up her arms and the two walked forward so that they were wrapped in their mother's hug. The boys suddenly looked so young, they looked the same way they did when they joined Hogwarts some nine years ago- like nervous first years ready for their house settlement.

"You know they'll keep me safe" Luna uttered, kissing Lorcan's forehead, and then Lysander's "I love you boys"

"I love you too Mum" the boys replied, before Luna took a small step back, offered her sons a small smile and vanishing. Lorcan and Lysander solemnly walked into the neighbouring room- Rose assumed to introduce themselves to everyone else- and Rose turned to her cousin.

"You know, Luna was the first person I heard not promise to not die" Rose said, a perplexed look on her face "I mean, she won't, but everyone else I have heard has promised..."

"Well maybe she has more sense than others, she knows she can't promise not to die, she doesn't know that" Teddy shrugged, and then instantly realising it was the wrong thing to say by looking at the hurt look on Rose's face, he gasped- hands to mouth and all- before putting a hand on Rose's shoulder and apologising "I'm sorry, Rosie..."

"It's okay, Ted, you only mean best... And besides it's true" Rose shrugged before shimmying out of Teddy's hold and walking into the living room.

A/N That one wasn't that long, was it? Also, I feel like I haven't left you on a cliffhanger for too long... Oh well now you're expecting it aren't you? Perhaps I won't make it too big then... 

Please vote, comment and whatnot, you know the drill. Ta!

-Elise x