Chapter Fourty Two

A/N Hey, I knew it wouldn't be as long as Forbidden Love (I mean it almost is, but not QUITE)

He saw her. Standing in the centre of a crowd of death eaters. There were a couple other witches and wizards standing with her, but they were sorely outnumbered. The sky was rumbling yet again with its threat of dangerous rain, but it held off- at least for now. The ground was overturned with dried mud, clearly where people had been running about. And everywhere lay the bodies of the dead- the dead from both sides. Nobody had stopped to mourn them, at least they were no longer.

Scorpius ran silently around the crowd, cursing the backs of every death eater he could get to- hoping one of the others could get to the rest. When they had all dropped, Scorpius ran in amongst the unconscious bodies- ran to Rose, just as the moment she collapsed once more.

"NO!" He screamed, catching her in his left arm. "No no no no no no no" he mumbled to himself. He picked her up bridal style in his arms and frantically looked around for someone to help.

"Need a cover?" A voice said from behind him. Scorpius whipped around to see Jensen standing there, arms folded wand in hand. He didn't look scared- but he looked injured. He was covered in blood- Scorpius didn't know whether it was his own- as well as mud and grime and everything that came from the look of war.

"Please" Scorpius nodded before beginning to run to where Rose's parents were. They ran, and miraculously Scorpius dodged every spell that flew past him- he yelled his thanks at Jensen every time he saw a body fall in his peripheral vision.

As he got to the Weasleys, he lay Rose down next to her father, just as he did so Ron began coughing and choking. He was about to run to his side as he watched Jensen drop down beside him and work some form of magic. Soon, the man stopped coughing, and not even a minute later he sat up, looking bewildered and weak.

Scorpius looked flabbergasted at the boy. "I was training as a healer" Jensen explained, shrugging it off as if it were nothing. Scorpius said nothing but nodded, before looking down at Rose. She was pale before- but her cheeks were losing all sign of colour. Jensen noticed the greying skin on the girl's arms and ran around her so that he could get closer to her. His hands ran over her body, about two inches away from actually touching her, before he stood up and looked at Hermione and Scorpius who were standing around looking on worriedly.

"She was hit by a pretty fierce spell, I don't know what it was, but I think I can help her" Jensen explained "But I need wards, just in case" Scorpius and Hermione nodded and went in opposite directions to each other to begin the wards. As they did so Jensen knelt back down next to the unconscious girl "I'm sorry for how I treated you, I shouldn't have ignored you, it was my fault. I'm sorry Rose" he whispered, as he pulled his wand from his pocket and started the incantations.

*

Rose awoke with her head on Scorpius' lap. She could vaguely see the fighting still going on around them, but miraculously they were not going anywhere near them- she instantly knew how of course, protection wards were possibly the most important spell used during a wizarding war. Jensen had disappeared to who knew were- probably to heal some injured survivors- but the other three were still within the wards.

"Scorpius" she whispered, as if she was scared to talk to loud. She had clearly made him jump, as he shook before looking down at her.

"You know, last time you woke up like this I'd really hoped it would be the last time- please don't get cursed again Rose"

"I'll try my best Scorp" Rose stifled a laugh. Shortly, Hermione walked over with Ron hobbling beside her- he still was not all too strong but was adamant to see his daughter.