Chapter 5 - The Exterminator

The bright desert sun shone down into Party Poison's room. I woke up feeling groggy and confused, as I begun to stir awake I noticed I was nestled into someone's body a lot bigger and stronger than mine. I slightly opened my eyes to see none other then Party poison's face awkwardly close to mine. Oh dear God help me. Party was still sound asleep so I discreetly tried to break away from his grip on me, however it was no use. I sighed in defeat slumping back into my original position. All too soon Party Poison began to stir in his sleep and i begun to panic. Why the fuck does this shit always seem to happen to me. I quickly shut my eyes and calmed my breathing pretending I was asleep. I felt Party lean up a light chuckle escaping his lips. Was this motherfucker really laughing at me?

I felt Party's figure leave his bed and walk across the room, no doubt leaving as I heard the door shut behind him. I was left alone in the redhead's colourful room, using this time to my advantage I slipped out of the shorts I borrowed the previous night and put my black skinny jeans back on. It felt significantly hotter this morning so I left my jacket lying on the floor.

Looking around the average sized room the colourful drawings on the desk caught my eye immediately. Drawing has always had a huge impact on my life ever since I was little, a glimmer of hope shot through me at the thought of maybe Party Poison letting me have a go with drawing sometime- wait no. I needed to leave this base, I needed to get back on the road by myself. 

Slowly walking over to his desk; careful not to make any noises to indicate to the others I was awake, I took a seat on an old beaten down chair beside the desk. Digging through the many colourful pieces created by Party I was in my own little world of colour. I was so engrossed by flicked through the multiple comic like strips before me, I didn't even notice Party walked in to the room, now standing directly behind me, watching amused as I poured over his art.

"What do you think you're doing?" He asked me, I could hear the grin as he spoke. "I-um just wanted to see your art- it's really amazing." I stuttered eventually getting the sentence out.

"Hey thanks spark." He said placing one of his leather glove clad hand on my shoulder in appreciation.

-

Party Poison wore his heart on his sleeve. Sure with some things he hid, he ran and he got away just by the skin of his teeth, yet when it came to good emotions, he wore his whole heart on his sleeve. While the leader had his issues and how he had such a bloodlust, and often seeked revenge, he was overall a happy Killjoy. 

Party Poison had seen what the desert has done to some killjoys; it definitely can take a toll on you if you don't keep running. It bothered Party Poison that his friends might have to live this life forever, it bothered him his little brother had to continue fighting and killing dracs and other deadly creatures the BL/I produce. It bothered Party that he could never live a normal life, he could never marry or have children, the desert is no place for a family. Relationships out here in the boiling wastelands were dangerous enough. If you were a highly wanted killjoy and Korse even suspected you had a significant other, he would take one away to use them against the other. Party knew this because he's seen it happen countless times to other killjoy's within his ranks. Of course, Party Poison had fun with some girls and had things with some of the killjoy chicks who wandered around the zones, but that was it. He couldn't deal with the pain if someone he loved was taken away from him.

Yet why did the redhead feel he had a legitimate shot with the lone killjoy who wandered into his life not 24 hours ago?

Whatever it was, Party Poison was confused to say the least. She was unlike anyone he has ever met out in the desert, she was unafraid, yet at the same time completely and utterly petrified, he could see behind the brave mask she wore day to day. She was happy enough and contempt with her lonely life yet crumbling on the inside too. Party saw ice and fire within the strange killjoy, and whatever it was about her, he wanted to know more.

As Party Poison swam in his own thoughts he downed the last gulp of his coffee, getting up to go find Suicide Spark, the girl who's clouding his vision. She told the group she would be outside clearing her head, but when Party stepped out and couldn't find the red locks anywhere his heart began to race. Why was he getting so worked up over her? She probably went back to his room or something. But when he felt something small hit the back of his head he looked up to see the familiar face staring back at him, grinning.

"How's the weather up there?" Party called to the girl who swung her legs back and forth off the side of the diner.

"Get up here and see for yourself." She called back challenging the leader.

Party Poison walked around the side of the diner and climbed up the ladder used to get up and down the roof. Party got up on the roof and joined the girl sitting down beside her.

"Wh-What do you have?" Party stuttered out looking at what Suicide Spark held in her hand. "What a cigarrete? Do you want one?" She offered taking out a pack from her behind pocket letting him pick one. He took one out instantly grabbing a lighter from inside his leather jacket lighting the substance he held in his hand. All too eagerly he lit it, taking a deep breath as he inhaled the smoke. He saw Spark watching him curiously from the corner of his eye. 

"How the fuck did you get your hands on these?!" Party said in disbelief. He hadn't smoked since before the fires because he just couldn't find anyone who sells them anymore.

"I know a few guys in zone 2." Spark said getting to the end of her smoke, crushing it in the roofs gravel.

"You've got to introduce me, I've been looking for these all over." Party said enjoying every last breath he inhaled, then exhaled.

The two sat in silence for some time while Party finished up. It wasn't uncomfortable though, it was if anything, comforting.

"Hold the fuck up." Spark said stiffening.

"What is it?" Party replied looking around for danger when he instantly spotted what she was talking about. A car made it's way speeding through the desert. It was hard to make out whose car as it was so far out from the base, however, as the car approached further, and the leader became more allert, Party Poison realised It wasn't just any killjoy or drac car; Party knew this car belonged to none other than the exterminator, Korse.

Spark grabbed Party Poison's jacket bringing him close to her, at this point her whole guard she kept up has been entirely ripped down. "Party Poison he can't find me, you need to help me." She spoke hurriedly, her eyes filled with fear. The girl looked innocent, she looked completely helpless, this was a very odd side to the usually brave Killjoy. Party knew she could take him down, he only guessed there was some story she's yet to tell him about her past with the exterminator.

"We've gotta go sunshine, we'll keep you safe." Party said taking the girls hand in a hurry, rushing down to the ladder, getting ready to prepare the other Killjoy's for whatever may happen.

(A/N: Important)

Sorry if this chapter was confusing to read, the second part was kind of more Party Poison's perspective, more of these changes in characters will be consistent through out the rest of the story :)