Chapter 18 - Unexpected Visits

After bidding Neon Burn and Crash Fire a goodbye, I made sure to let them know how grateful I was for pretty much saving my fucking life yesterday. I especially thanked them for fixing my prized possession; my bike.

With short goodbyes and thank yous being said, Party and I began our journey back to the Diner located in the middle of zone 4. It was a bit of a journey, so I made myself as comfortable as possible. I mean, as possible as I could with a fucking shot arm.

Party seemed on edge, constantly looking in his rear view mirrors for any signs of draculoids out on patrol. Due to this being zone one and the closest zone to battery city, it was common to see dracs and sometimes even scarecrows out and about trying to take down killjoys.

Party and I sped down the getaway mile, blasting the tunes coming from the car radio. It was Dr. D's station although I never listened to him, I was bopping my head along to the song playing. The song was called 'Na Na Na', I somewhat remember the song from before the war broke out in the city.

"I'LL BE YOUR DETONATOR!" Party sang along to the lyrics loudly, looking at me from the side and pointing to me. I giggled at his singing, noticing he actually had a real good voice.

After ages pointless chatter and signing old tunes Party and I both recognised before BL/I took over, we finally arrived in the diner. 'Cause we left zone 1 so late in the day, the sun was now showing signs of setting, a glowing pink casting down from the sky.

I felt relaxed, finally we were back, for a while I thought I wasn't gonna' make it home. I relaxed my muscles, that was until we came closer to the diner. "Oh fuck..." Party cursed, looking at the scene.

There were various BL/I cars surrounding our base, making my heart skip several beats.

"What the fuck?" I rushed my words, running out the side of the trans am as soon as it came to a stop, running around to Party Poison's side, grabbing Party's outstretched hand. Party didn't speak, his face was pale and he looked the most scared I've ever seen him. With out a word, Party rushed into the diner, keeping me close by his side.

We both walked into the diner, a cold atmosphere surrounding the room. As soon as we walked in and saw the scene before us, it was obvious we were outnumbered. Not letting go of Party's hand, we walked further into the diner to see were surrounded by a hoard of dracs, while Korse stood in the middle, like a crazed ringmaster.

-

They were out numbered. Suicide Spark was injured and couldn't fight, Party Poison's three group members were disarmed and tied up, and there was at least 15 dracs with ray guns pointed at the killjoys. There was no use in fighting back; this could easily be the end of the road for the fabulous five.

Suicide spark was sheltered behind Party Poison; he gripped onto one of her hands in efforts to comfort her, but more so himself.

Party Poison swore in his mind ten times over, they should have re located as soon as possible. After the exterminator's last visit, he should have just packed up and fucked off with his crew. How could he have been this stupid to have left re locating this long? Korse told him himself that he would be back. Why had he not re located sooner?

His three best friends were tied up, gags placed around each man's mouth. The sinister looks on his team's faces made Party feel somewhat scared. Death could easily be around the corner for the five killjoys' in the diner.

"Korse." Party Poison spat out the exterminator's name.

"Poison." Korse greeted the killjoy, firing straight back. Without wasting any time, Korse began to speak again.

"What the fuck is the meaning of all this?" Party snarled his words, angry beyond reason now.

"I'm going to make a deal, Poison." Korse's snake like voice spoke, a smug expression etching the mans features, ignoring Party's previous question.

Party decided against speaking, he knew exactly what Korse wanted. He wanted HIS girl. Party kept Suicide Spark shielded completely behind him. No fucking way would he be taking her anywhere today. Not now, not ever. When Party didn't reply, Korse took this as an opportunity to voice his deal.

"Either you hand over the girl, or I kill your monkeys." Korse spoke, raising his gun to Kobra Kid. "Starting with your brother."

Party's body stiffened in fear as he looked to the gun pointed at his younger brother. Kobra wore his usual poker face, however Party could see the fear evident in the hazel eyes identical to his own. When Party didn't speak, Korse loaded his white BL/I fashioned ray gun, preparing to shoot.

"No." Spark spoke up, stepping in front of Party Poison. Korse's head shot up, a malice grin twisting his disgusting features. The girl staggered forward to the exterminator, holding her hands up in defeat.

"No one's gotta' die from this, just take me and leave the guys alone." Spark spoke her words confidently, loud and clear. Party Poison was so stunned that Spark has just given herself up to Korse himself; he couldn't bring himself to speak. Instead, tears began clouding his eyes, making it hard to see. Biting back the emotions he felt, he looked up to see Suicide Spark giving herself into the BL/I. The leader swallowed his tears, not allowing the enemy to see him hurting.

"Ah, good to see someone as a bit of common sense around here." Korse grinned, putting his gun back in his holster.

"You did the right thing, princess. We're going to take good care of you." Korse said taking a step towards Suicide Spark and stroked her cheek, looking directly at me, with a twisted grin plastered on his face.

Party Poison took a step towards Spark, angry now. How dare he lay a fucking hand on her beautiful face. Taking an aggressive step forward about to defend Spark from the exterminator, at least 10 dracs all pointed their guns towards Party. Holding up his hands in defeat, he kept his head down, not daring to look up at the scene before him.

Korse ushered for two dracs to step forward to grab Suicide Spark's arm, and began to drag her out of the diner, out of Party's hold.

Party looked up to see Spark's crimson eyes staring back at him, desperation filling them. The look on her face physically pained him; she looked so scared and lost. He just wanted to hold her and tell her it'll be okay, he wanted to feel her lips against his and make sure she was gonna' be alright. Even though she didn't want to admit it, Party knew Spark was fragile. The Better Living Industries might just break her.

Korse stared down a broken Party Poison, not taking his gaze away from the redheaded leader.

"Keep running, Killjoy's." Was the last thing Korse said before exiting the diner with the multiple dracs that had the group surrounded.

Spark was gone, but Party and his group would get her back, if it was the last thing they fucking did. The industry were going to test her physically and mentally, Party knew he needed to get her back before they had the chance to corrupt her.