Chapter 7 - The Leader

"What the fuck." I spat my face going even paler if that was possible for me. Party Poison debriefed me on the whole Korse thing that went on not a few minutes ago. Why did that psycho want me in particular? What fucking separated me from the rest? Whatever it was, it made my head spin and my stomach sick. Party Poison was currently sat beside me on a bench like ornament placed in the garage/spare room. He placed a comforting hand on my back, which I flinched at the touch.

My mind continued to rush, I felt so dizzy, as if i was about to pass out. I knew Korse wanted killjoy's exterminated, or turned into his minions, working and living in the city. How did he know my name? Why did he want me? The thoughts consuming my mind made me feel ill.

"Spark you gotta tell me why that creep's after you. Not just for your safety, but for the safety of my group." Party said nodding to the door. "I've promised to keep my friends safe too. I can't do that without knowing what Korse wants from you." Party snapped me out of my thoughts, his tone sympathetic.

"I- I don't know." I stuttered the words out to which Party frowned. Well it wasn't a lie, I've been on the run for well over four years now, if I knew why Korse wanted anything to do with me I would have no hesitation to tell Party Poison.

"You can tell me Spark, I can't judge you." Party said while I begun to shake my head.

"No you don't understand, I have no idea-" I was about to finish but Party cut me off mid sentence, now getting annoyed at me.

"Look, I know you're the lone wolf kind of girl, but you need to tell me, I'm not offering for you to talk anymore, I'm telling you; you have to tell me if you want to stay." Party spoke sternly, his attitude taking a complete turn. I turned around now to look at him fully in the face, a disgusted expression plastered across my features.

"I have to tell YOU? You know Poison, just cause you're the leader of your group doesn't make you the leader of me." I said now standing up, angry. I don't even know why I was so angry; I knew Party was only trying to help me, but the whole leader aesthetic really fucked me off- another reason why groups didn't work with me; there was always one hot shot thinking he owns the the group.

"And what the fuck do you mean 'if I want to stay'? If you haven't realised by now asshole, I DON'T want to be here. But because you all fucked up my bike while I was busy saving YOUR asses, I have no choice." I was almost yelling the words that came flowing out of my mouth.

"You wouldn't have to save my ass if you didn't take on so many dracs all at once, you were so caught up in the fight the one trying to shoot at me was about to shoot you, I was the one who distracted the motherfucker." Party fought back. That piece of information shocked me slightly, I hadn't realised that Party lead the other astray, but I wasn't having any of it tonight.

"That's not the point, if I'm such a burden count your blessings, because I'll be gone first thing next morning." I said storming out of the small room.

"Oh yeah and where will you go with no ride?" Party tested, calling out after me.

"Any where's better then being near you." I shot back, throwing a spiteful glare at the redhead while i strutted into the main part of the diner.

Before any other killjoy in the building could ask about where I was going, I stepped out of the back entrance of the diner, and begun to climb up onto the rooftop. The desert sky was more or less dark now, a tiny bit of the light still setting on the horizon. Small outlines of stars became more predominant, while looking at the stars; I didn't even notice a few of the tears that fell down my cold cheeks.

That was the one odd thing about the desert, if the heatstroke didn't kill you through the day, the hypothermia would be sure to bite you at night.

It wasn't in my nature to cry out of nowhere, I wasn't even sad, I was just angry. You know when you get so worked up you just completely let go and burst into a fit of tears? That's how I was feeling right now.

I sat up on the rooftop for a good while, just thinking about everything. This wasn't me at all, I was on the go all the time I rarely stopped to evaluate and really think about everything going on.

I tugged my jacket closer to me, the cold starting to get to me now. At this rate I didn't care if I died from the cold, what was I even doing? Why was I running? What the fuck am I doing with my life?

Being a killjoy was rewarding of course, but overall, we were all wasting away out here in the desert. There was no fucking hope, everyone will die, and we killjoys are just running around in fucking circles.

Why did that fuck head of a killjoy manage to get under my skin? I was talking about Party Poison of course; I don't know what it was about him, or the fabulous four in general.

No. I know exactly why I'm feeling the way I am. I haven't felt this accepted in a group environment for so long, my body's physically not used to it. Was this what it was like getting semi attached to people? Whatever, all I wanted was to get the fuck away from this group before I became even more attached. But honestly, what would that accomplish? I would look back at my events with the fabulous for and probably end up missing the times we shared, even if it was only for a day.

I was so busy arguing with my own thoughts, I didn't even realise someone climb up to join me on the rooftop. In fact, it wasn't until they sat down when I jumped at the presence.

"Hey Spark." Kobra Kid said softly taking a seat beside me. I smiled slightly nodding to the killjoy.

Kobra and I sat in a comfortable silence for a while until he broke it. "We all heard what happened." I decided to stay quiet and let Kobra Kid do the speaking, words were failing me at the moment.

"My brother doesn't hate you if that's what you think."

"I like you Kobra, a lot. But I honestly don't care what your brother thinks of me." I said weakly. To this, the killjoy who sat beside me raised his eyebrow.

"That's a lie." I didn't bother to fight back on Kobra, I just stared out into the dark abyss.

"I don't mind that you don't want to stay with our group, but just let Party get your bike fixed so you can get back to your own home safely. Tomorrow we're all busy, but the morning after we'll get it fixed for you no worries." Kobra promised. I smiled and nodded at the kind killjoy.

"Now get back in here before you freeze!" Kobra exclaimed jumping up and outstretching his hands to help me up. I took his hands and stood up, following Kobra to the end of the roof and climbing down with him. 

I genuinely liked Kobra Kid. He reminded me of Atomic Bomb in a sense, how he would be looking out for me. I don't know, there were small similarities that reminded me of Atomic which comforted me. It almost made me not want to leave the diner in the next few days. Almost.

The tall killjoy and I walked into the diner to find the room quiet, everyone must have already gone to bed for the night. We walked in silence, before Kobra Kid left to go to his quarters he turned to me cringing slightly.

"Will you two be okay in there for the night?" He asked unsure. I gave the brother a reassuring smile. 

"Of course I'll be fine."