Chapter 19 - Blood, Blood, Gallons Of The Stuff

The silence that consumed the car I was forced into made me want to get sick. My stomach churned in discomfort as a million different thoughts raced through my hazy mind. I had been stuck in the BL/I car with three dracs and Korse himself for what seemed like hours. Time seemed to go far much quicker when I drove with the fabulous four.

The desert sand that I was so accustomed to was soon replaced by the sound of concrete crunching the gravel ground. I hardly ever go into Battery City anymore, my raids became rare every since Atomic got dragged into the BL/I. I barely remembered what concrete was until now.

At this point in time, the dark sky covered Battery city. The buildings were filled with the city lights from brain washed citizens preparing themselves for a peaceful sleep. They all don't have a fucking clue what's going on outside their walls, ignorance is bliss after all.

The city lights eventually faded to black as Korse drove the car into a dark tunnel, the car slowing down as it approached a barrier. Two scarecrows operating the barricade saw the exterminator driving the vehicle, instantly allowing him access beyond the wall.

It was safe to say I have by now given up all hope. The killjoys weren't going to come to my aid. The thought of Party Poison crossed my mind and the thought stung. Why was it now when I was so far away from him, death approaching me rapidly, that I realised I loved the fearless leader. It was true; I could no longer shy away from the fact that I was completely, hopelessly in love with Party Poison, the thought making tears well up in my eyes. I would never see him again, I would never see the three other boys I call my family again. I was so fucking doomed.

I felt broken defeated, it killed me that I would never see my boys again. I would never hear Jet Star's hearty laugh, I would never see the cheeky glint evident behind Fun Ghoul's eyes, I would never again see Kobra Kid's poker face that occupies his face most of the time, sometimes breaking into an award winning smile, and Party.

Oh, Party poison.

I would never see the shocking red hair so similar to mine, I would never see his beautiful hazel eyes again. I would never be able to feel the warmth he radiated when he was so close to me, or the warmth he made me feel when his lips were pressed to mine. I would never get to hear his voice. 

The thoughts of Party Poison stung me, along with the other fabulous four, quickly swallowing my emotions, I braced myself for what was to come. The car came to an abrupt stop outside a big tower with the BL/I logo painted on the windows and walls. I have never been this far into the city before, so these surroundings were all new to me.

The drac to my left opened the door climbing out, while the one placed on my right pushed me out of the door, causing me to fall onto the concrete floor. The concrete floor didn't feel as welcoming as the desert sand, I decided I didn't like it one bit. My shoulder was killing me, but I refused to let Korse of all people see me in the weak state I was currently in.

"Take her straight to the operating room. We need a sample." Korse instructed the dracs, walking brusquely through a door on the left. The dracs grabbed my arms and dragged me along through another door situated to the left. They pushed me through corridors with pristine white walls with-

My eyes widened at the sight before me. The walls were plastered in wanted posters with Kobra Kid, Jet Star, Fun Ghoul, Party Poison and my face everywhere with red crosses through our expressions. As the dracs continued to drag me along the corridor, my mind was racing. I didn't want to be here, I couldn't die yet, I have so much yet to do.

The two dracs brought me into a white room with a dentist chair styled thing placed in the centre. This had bad written all fucking over it. They threw me onto the seat while I struggled to break free. I managed to kick one of the dracs in the head causing the soldier to fall on the floor, which made the other drac angry. The drac strapped my arms and my legs securely into place, and then briefly left.

I looked at my surroundings and gave out a heartless laugh; this had to be the end of the line for me. I knew it was.

"You won't be laughing for much longer, Willow." A monotone woman's voice spoke behind me. Due to my restraints I couldn't turn around to see the person.

My muscles tensed at the name the woman used, how the fuck did they know my pre killjoy name? No one has called me that name in years; the name stung me for some reason.

After a few tense moments, a business looking woman stood before me. She wore a grey blazer matched with a skirt, and the ugliest shoes I've ever seen. Her hair was sharply cut at her shoulders and screamed out boring. Her eyes were black and dark like her personality, I instantly felt uncomfortable while her eyes stared into mine, a poker face plastered on her features.

"How do you know-" I was about to ask but she cut me off.

"Here at your home, we know a lot about you." She stated bluntly.

"The desert is my home." I shot back fiercely.

"That's very nice but unfortunately, it's not my job to care." She said as I turned my gaze away from hers, refusing to start anymore petty arguments. If I was going to die at least, I was determined I was going to die happy. No industry or apocalypse would bring this killjoy down, ever.

She came around to my right side, out of her blazer pocket she took out a syringe with no liquid within it. A deep fear felt like it just kicked me in the stomach, being out in the desert I often forget about my severe phobia of needles, injections, and blood tests, whatever. If it involved jabbing a needle in my vein, I was NOT down.

"I have a phobia of needles." I lamely blurted out, my eyes wide and alert watching what the woman was doing in front of me.

"Oh." She stated. "Well then this is going to hurt." She said pulling up the sleeve of my jacket, and pumping the syringe into my vein. The fucker began to drain my blood; it was almost too much to take. I felt my eyes get extremely heavy, black dots over crowding my vision. She was taking far too much of my blood, I knew I could not handle this.

The next thing I knew I was blacking out, becoming helpless and vulnerable.