Chapter 22 - Rescue Complete

Party let out a sigh of relief, but was still shook up from the girl's current appearance, she looked... dead. Was she dead? Party's heartbeat began to quicken, needing to urgently know if Spark was still alive.

A sudden urge rushed over the leader, making him try to kick the cell door down. At first it was no use, but when Kobra and Party both aggressively kicked the door, eventually the door came crashing down, close to the lifeless girl.

Party rushed to Suicide Spark's side instantly, seeing big balls of red staring into his hazel eyes.

"P-party?" She questioned just beyond a whisper, before shutting her eyes again.

"NO!" Party Poison yelped, rushing forward to pick up her limp body. Kobra Kid ran to the girls side to feel her neck, checking for a pulse, which he found. It wasn't strong, but it was something, and that's what counted.

"She's fine." Kobra breathed in relief. Party closed his tired eyes, exhaling a breath of air he didn't realise he was holding until now. Loud alarms began to fill the cellblock, shocking Kobra and Party Poison into system again.

"Come on we've gotta' go!" Kobra exclaimed urging his brother to get Spark so they could both make it out alive.

Party Poison quickly lifted the weak girl into his arms, holding her close making sure no one could get to her. Looking down at her frame, he felt the need to cry out in anger. She was covered in blood, the shade similar to her eyes. Looking at the beaten and bruised girl, Party felt anger. Angry at the BL/I, how could anyone do this to someone? Regardless of Spark being close to Party, Party wondered how many other poor souls had to endure this torture.

Despite Spark's gruesome state, she was still so beautiful. Party noticed the industry had changed her usually black clothing, to a bright white shirt, with white trousers to match. This get up didn't suit the girl – Spark suited red and blacks, not these plain morbid colours.

Spark's face was now as white as the desert clouds; Party knew he needed to get the girl out of here- and fast. The fresh blood that leaked through her once pristine white uniform didn't help either.

Kobra and Party sprinted down the corridors BL/I own, adrenaline coursing through the brother's veins. There were no dracs around- why was this? By now they should have been flooded with dracs and scarecrows trying to take them down. This was far too easy- Party knew something was wrong. However, the leader didn't linger on the question for too long, his main focus was the fragile girl he held in his arms.

Kobra and Party turned a sharp corner to see Jet Star and Fun Ghoul fighting off a few stray dracs. "DUCK." Jet's voice boomed, and with out thinking the two brothers' got down onto the ground. A ray gun shot passed their heads, narrowly missing the two. Party let out a breath, standing back up with Spark held closely against him.

Jet, Kobra and Ghoul fired shots at the remaining few dracs, killing them easily.

"Is she?..." Jet Star asked solemnly looking at Spark's current form.

"Nah, she's weak but she aint' dead just yet." Party rushed his words.

"Let's get the fuck out of here then." Ghoul chimed in ushering the group to get out.

The four men ran as fast as they could through the halls, shooting down a few dracs that would appear around each corner. They finally reached the exit and ran to the trans am waiting to make a speedy escape.

"Ghoul, you take the wheel." Party took the keys out of his pockets, throwing them to Fun Ghoul who caught them effortlessly. The team filed into the car, hurriedly trying to get out of the city.

Kobra occupied shotgun while Party poison sat in the back seat beside Jet Star, with Suicide Spark lying on Party's chest, breathing lowly. Fun Ghoul drove full speed ahead, not stopping regardless. A few shots from ray guns fired at the vehicle, however missing it by a long shot.

Party felt Spark's shallow breathing against his neck, it was quiet and seemed like nothing, but it was something which is all that mattered at the moment.

Ghoul, Kobra and Jet all spoke amongst each other, feeling relieved they had managed to rescue Spark, however silence gripped Party poison. Words would surely fail him he tried to speak. The usually out spoken leader remained silent the whole way back to zone 4, caught up in his jumbled thoughts.

The group got out of the city far too easily- there were barely any dracs, scarecrows or anything of the sort. What was Korse playing at? Party continued to ponder through his scattered thoughts until the girl lying on him began mumbling, opening her eyes briefly, but shutting them again.

To this, Party stroked Spark's hair, holding the girl close to him.

"We're almost home, sunshine." Party whispered into her ear, loud enough only for her to hear. Spark slumped back against Party's chest in exhaustion, causing a small smile to form on his face.

On the remainder of the drive back to the base, the leader thought about Suicide Spark. Truth was, he didn't know anything about this girl. He didn't know anything about her pre danger day's lifestyle; he didn't know what she used to do out here in the zones- he didn't even know her real name. It was forbidden to use pre danger days names, however with Spark, Party felt he could make an exception.

Rays of sunlight began creeping up in the horizon as Ghoul hit the red line. A few beams begun spilling from the sky, emitting the first few drops of light for the day. 

Party Poison sighed, today was going to be a long day for the group, not only did they need to re locate as soon as possible, the group also needed to make sure Spark was gonna' be okay, which looking at her weak state, would be hard.