Chapter 12 - Black Out

I somehow managed to climb up the stairs and out into the cold night air. My head was spinning helplessly and the cool desert air shocked my skin when I stepped outside. I pulled my leather jacket closer to me heading over to the familiar trans am.

I slumped down pulling my knees up to my chest. Maybe it was the amount of alcohol in my system, but tears started to roll down my cheeks. It was now I was reminded why I never drank often; my emotions were all over the fucking place. Tonight wasn't a good night for me, the first half was, but when I got this badly wasted, bad thoughts and memories always came flooding back in.

At this time I was coming down fast, I put my head into my hands blacking out the desert surroundings. It felt like I sat in the position I was for at least an hour. My head ached and I felt physically ill. I was so far deep into my thoughts I didn't realise a figure had come and took a seat next to me.

When I slowly looked up, I saw familiar features belonging to Party Poison.

"Now." Party begun. "Why is it all the time, you're either at my throat, or crying?" Party whispered while wiping away my tears. It seemed as if his tipsy state had worn somewhat off. How long had I been out here for?

"M'sorry." I muttered out lamely, resting my head on Party's shoulder, heaving a sigh. Party stiffened, but quickly loosened up, draping an arm around my shoulder bringing me closer to him; we stayed in that position for a while.

"Why're you so sad all the time sunshine?" Party asked quietly. I shrugged honestly, I didn't know. Maybe it was my loneliness finally catching up to me, maybe it was the fact I was on the run from a mad man in the leading industry, truth was I was frightened. I hated to admit it but I was so, so scared.

"I'm scared, Party." I slurred my speech, the alcohol I drank before still pumping in my system. Tipsy words were sober thoughts right?

"It doesn't have to be like that, I'm here to keep you safe." Party whispered looking down into my bright eyes. It was completely dark, the only lights emitting from the grungy nightclub, making Party Poison look like he was glowing. The low red light from The Triffid spilt onto Party Poison's features, giving him a scarlet glow. Despite the lack of light, I could see all of Party Poison's features, the ones striking me the most were his big, hazel eyes.

"I'll keep you safe tonight." Party Poison's face was now inches away from mine, the blush in my face now completely evident. Leaning in slowly, my stomach tied in knots. What was I doing?

Party Poison pressed his lips against mine kissing me softly. The kiss took me by surprise, my eyes widening but quickly fluttering shut, kissing Party back with out hesitation. He pulled me closer, his hands resting comfortably on my waist. Our lips moved in sync with one another, Party deepening the kiss by cupping my face in his hands. I was basically sitting in his lap, but all too soon, the kiss ended, Party Poison being the one to pull away first, breaking his grip away from me.

We sat in silence for a few moments, both of us evaluating what had just happened. Party Poison and I totally just kissed, what the fuck was that about? I suppose deep down all along this has been what i wanted- was it? I couldn't concentrate at the moment, there was a growing pounding in my head.

Before Party Poison could speak I doubled over, vomiting on the desert ground. Yuck. Party held my red hair back, as I finished, I spat on the sand to get the shit taste out of my mouth. It almost tasted like power pup.

When I met Party Poison's eyes, I stared into them for what seemed like ages.

"Hey." I whispered.

"Hey Sparks." Party replied, leaning forward to reach for my hand. He looked disappointed- upset. I couldn't understand why right now, I still felt pretty fucked.

"You've got real small flecks of green in your eyes." I whispered, looking into Party's mesmerising eyes with a blank expression on my face. Party smiled looking down at me, worry erasing from his features. "I know Spark."

That was the last thing I heard before I quite literally, passed the fuck out, falling onto Party's shoulder. Tiredness overcame me, Party not bothering to try to wake me up out of my deep slumber for the night.