Chapter 23 - Safe & Sound

"You left me, sis." Atomic's red eyes stared into mine with hatred filling them. His red hair to match fell in front of his eyes, the beads of sweat on his forehead making the strands of hair stick. 

A lump formed in my throat and it hurt me to speak. Atomic looked different, he didn't look like himself. His once happy face looked sunken and sick. He had dark red circles around his eyes and had numerous scars claiming space on his pale skin.

"I- I couldn't have done anything Oscar, you know that." I accidentally used Atomic Bomb's pre danger day's name, it didn't seem to bother him however.

"YOU FUCKING LEFT ME WILLOW, YOU LEFT ME HERE!" Atomic was now yelling, his rage scaring me. All these years I've never seen him so livid, especially with me of all people. Tears began to form around my eyes, falling gently down my face.

"I'm sorry Oscar I'm sorry. I'm sorry." I repeated over and over again trying to step towards my poor brother. I tried wrapping my arms around his figure, which he's let me done every time I'm sad or scared in the past.

With a great force, Atomic instantly pushed me away, the velocity of the push making me crash against the nearby wall, causing my body to ache, but he wasn't finished yet.

Gripping my throat ensuring bruises would remain on my neck for weeks to come, Atomic begun squeezing my neck, choking me slowly and painfully.

His crimson orbs so similar to mine stared into mine, the pupils dilating rapidly making him look even more crazed.

"It doesn't matter now." Oscar licked his lips, a drop of sweat cascading down his sunken face. "You're one of them- you'll come to us when you're ready."

I jolted awake, panting and feeling oddly cold from the sweat lightly coating my body. I went to wipe my face but also found tears sliding down my pale cheeks. I looked around trying to find clues of where I currently was, but instead I was met with big brown eyes and an eager smile.

"GUYYYYYS SHE'S AWAKE!!" A young girl suddenly screamed at the top of her lungs, running out the door in a hurry. The young girls loud screech made me jump in confusion, where the fuck was I now? My eyes stung and I had a splitting headache. Wiping my eyes feeling somewhat stupid for the excess tears still sliding down my face, I sigh looking at my surroundings.

I wasn't in the city cells as I previously remember; I was in an unknown room. The room seemed like it could be a killjoy base- but I didn't want to get my hopes up. I knew if I did Korse would no doubt have them come crashing down around me. I was so sure I had seen Party Poison before I blacked out back in the cells; again, I couldn't be sure. I've been seeing a lot of illusions of Party Poison in the past while I've been in the hands of BL/I, I didn't want to confuse reality with dreaming.

I was about to get out of bed when an agonising feeling coursed through my whole body, making me hiss in pain. I was about make another attempt in getting out of the bed I was currently lying in, when I heard loud, fast footsteps ring through the place I was currently in.

My body tensed, I honestly didn't know what to expect. Expecting the worse and assuming this is was all a mere trick played by Korse to break me- emotion overcame me when I laid my eyes on who had just sprinted into the room I sat in.

"P-Party?" I choked out, a rough lump forming in my throat making it hard for me to swallow. Within seconds Party Poison was at my side with out one word being said between us two. It's like we shared a connection in which words weren't needed, the fact we were reunited was enough, our actions doing enough speaking, more than words ever could.