Chapter 6 - Bargaining

Party Poison grasped onto Suicide Spark's small hand and directed her into the back part of the diner, which seemed like a garage of sorts. This part of the diner was well cut off from the rest of the rooms and main dining area. Party knew no one would think to look here, which is exactly why Party Poison was going to hide the red-eyed girl in here.

After briefly letting the killjoys know what was to come, Party rushed the girl into this sheltered room. Her outburst on the roof startled him to the max; he would never expect a soldier like her to fear anything to be honest.

Not questioning her however, sensing the dread and fear that surrounded her like an aura, he quickly brought her to safety.

"Stay here alright? You'll be fine here. Have your ray gun off safety just in case." Party rushed his words eager to get out and see what the tyrant Korse wanted this time. This wasn't the first time Korse had sent rounds of dracs out to try exterminate his team, however the groups of mindless soldiers never found their way back to their leader. Party and his team refuse to let them give up their location, their one and only hide out. So this surprise visit by Korse himself shook Party greatly. How did he find their current location? This whole situation meant they would have to re locate as soon as possible.

Suicide Spark nodded to Party's request, her eyes filled with fear. Unwillingly, Party left the vulnerable girl in the garage extension of the diner, running back into the dining area where his group were already wearing their masks hiding their identity. It was no use Party wearing his signature yellow mask, because he was fully aware Korse already knew of his name and identity. The red hair and blue jacket was an extreme giveaway. Despite this, Party Poison threw the mask over his eyes, somewhat shielding his face while nodding for the killjoys to follow him out of their base.

The group waited outside the diner, the four best killjoy friends standing side by side. They all watched as the car pulled up a few meters away from them, none other than the exterminator climbing out the car alongside three draculoids.

Walking with out a word being said, Korse walked proudly up to the fabulous four, coming to a stop about 6 meters apart from them.

"Poison. Monkeys." Korse said mocking the leaders group that stood bravely before him.

"Baldy, what may I owe the pleasure?" Party Poison retorted, a cheeky grin plastered on his face. Korse's once smug expression turned into an angry one in a flash.

"Where's the girl?" Korse asked suddenly.

"What girl?" The redhead asked in response purely to fuck with the exterminator. Even though Party kept his poker face on and involved in cheeky back talk comments, on the inside he stiffened. Korse didn't mean Spark, did he?

"I'm aware she goes by Suicide Spark?" He said her killjoy name in disgust.

Party looked around him. "Do you see any chicks around here baldy? There aint no girls around here. Never heard of no Suicide Spark before." Party retorted strongly, not taking any of Korse's shit. 

It was weird for Party Poison to be covering some random killjoy's ass after only knowing them for not even a day. Sure, Suicide Spark didn't seem like a threat, but Party knew he'd need to get to know more about her. If Korse himself as after her specifically, she must have done some real questionable shit. Heck, Party had half a mind to give the girl up to Korse, the more he dwelled on the thought the more Party came to realise he had no valid information on the girl besides her name, and that she was a good shoot, one of the best he's ever seen in fact. But these thoughts quickly subsided in Party's mind, no matter who was hiding in the basement, if they were a killjoy he would never leave them behind. No way would the leader ever give up the identity of a killjoy in need.

The sun was now slowly setting in the desert sky; there were already small outlines of stars preparing for the dark depths of the night to overcome the desert. The colour of the sky's sunset had turned into a beautiful red – pink offspring colour. It reminded Party of the girl's hair, or even her eyes. Something about this girl had Party Poison captured, it was on early days but the group leader could easily see himself falling for the mysterious girl.

Korse's snake like voice interrupted Party's thoughts. "A word Poison, alone?" Korse hissed.

Party's eyebrow rose in question. "Get those to fuck heads away from my friends, then I'll talk." Party said pointing at the draculoids standing side by side the exterminator. Korse nodded to the dracs, them instantly coming to life and heading back to the car which they arrived in. Party's group did the same, taking a few steps back so they couldn't hear, however not far away enough so they couldn't help Party out if any violence were to break out.

Party stepped closer to the intimidating man-well, intimidating to others. Party didn't fear Korse as much as others out here in the desert.

"I know you have the girl. I'm going to give you time to hand her over to me, or you'll seriously regret it, Gerard." Korse spoke using the leader's pre killjoy days, causing the redhead to scowl ever so slightly. How the tyrant knew his pre danger days name was beyond the information of Party Poison, however the use of the name made Party squirm on the inside. Party decided against speaking, instead nodding at the man who stood firmly in the sand.

"Brilliant. See you soon, tomato head." Korse smirked while mocking my hair.

"Whatever, Baldy." Party spat back, a smug expression over shadowing his once evident scowl.

Korse turned on his heel, walking back to the BL/I car and retreating back to Battery City no doubt. Party stepped back to his trusted group. The four watched the enemy speed off into the desert night.

"What the fuck did he want?" Fun Ghoul broke the silence amongst the killjoys.

"Just the usual. Keep running, basically." Party Poison lied through his teeth. It wasn't like Party to lie, to his group of all people, but he had a feeling Korse would keep his word and come back for Spark.

"We need to leave the diner. Our home as been compromised." Party said sadly as he begun to walk back to their once beloved home.

Party needed to figure out why Korse wanted Suicide Spark so badly that he went out of his way to track the group's base. Whatever the reason may be made Party's stomach churn in discomfort.

While the killjoys went about their own business, Party made his way down the hall, opening the spare room where Suicide Spark was. As soon as Party opened the door, there was a red ray gun shoved in his face, ready to fire.

When the girl behind the gun realised it was friend and not foe, she instantly dropped her stiff figure. "Sorry, I didn't know who it could have been." Suicide Spark said taking a deep breath of air.

Suicide Spark had faith the killjoys were gonna' be okay in the end. From the stories she heard of them briefly, they were a force not to be reckoned with.

"What was that about?" Spark asked when she let her guard down.

"Listen sunshine, we gotta talk."