Chapter 10 - Recruiting

"So... What is there to report?" The head killjoy asked directing his full attention to Party Poison.

"We got ambushed by Dracs a couple of days ago, nothing too bad, my team were well able to handle it. Suicide Spark really helped us out as well, if it wasn't for her I probably would have got ghosted myself, the chick's got an amazing aim." Party praised me, which made heat rise to my cheeks.

Dr. D 'mm'd in agreement, staring at the two of us in thought.

"Korse found our base too, my team will be relocating tomorrow sunrise." Party spoke seriously, his statement making Dr. D's eyebrows rise.

"THE exterminator tracked you down? What happened?" Dr. D asked shocked.

"He wants Spark." Party Poison said gesturing to me. I suddenly felt small under the gaze of the two powerful men who stood before me. I almost wished the floor would suck me in, freeing me from this awkward tension.

"Suicide Spark, why does The Exterminator want you." Dr. Death Defying spat at me, to which I clenched my jaw.

"I. Don't. Know." I said as calm as I could.

"Don't make me ask you twice kid." He shot back.

"No honestly sir." Party poison got in the middle of us two. "She explained everything to me, she has no clue." Party said trying to save me somewhat.

In the room the atmosphere was tense. It was like being in a classroom with a teacher, the teacher's star student, and the class dropkick, the dropkick being me of course.

Dr. Death defying stared me down to which I returned his hard glare, Party Poison stood awkwardly between us two, not knowing what to do. It looked like Party was watching a tennis match; his head was whipping back and forth between Dr. D and I, waiting for someone to say something. I was half tempted to laugh at this situation.

With out taking my stare away from the head killjoy, I walked towards the door, banging it shut behind me and storming out of the building. Fucking bastard he was.

I walked out into the desert, the heat now much more intense with the sun being higher in the sky. Out of complete frustration I kicked my worn out old boots harshly into the sand, the sand scattering around like debris.

I paced back and forth out of anger, my arms folded crossly around my torso. I stood looking out to the desert trying to calm myself down, fuck he irritated me. I hated how Dr. D thinks he owns all the outcasts, sure he looks after everyone in his ranks, but I'm not even in the ranks. My business doesn't concern him in the fucking slightest. Party Poison rushed to my side a couple of minutes later, confused no doubt.

"Spark what the fuck was that about?" He asked.

"Long story." I said, an angry expression occupying my features.

"I got time. Fun Ghoul won't be back for a while." The redhead explained while sitting down in the sand, patting a spot beside him for me to sit down next to him. I sighed sitting down in the sand, bringing my knees up and wrapping my arms around them.

"My bother and Dr. D were good allies, so when he got captured, the Dr. blamed me entirely. He made it very clear that I was not wanted near him anymore." I explained while Party listened intently.

"There was a time my brother and I could rely on Dr. D for back up etc., but when Atomic got captured it's like as if the Dr. saw me useless with out him looking out for me. I don't really know." I finished rubbing my temples, recalling the memories made a splitting headache form in my head.

"That's fucked." Party breathed. "I can honestly never see Dr. D doing anything but help out killjoy's."

"I suppose that's what you get when you're not an official killjoy." I mumbled, playing with the sand in front of me, doodling small pictures into the earth.

"You're not a killjoy?" Party asked curious.

"Nah. Never needed to be in the ranks, I don't belong to no group." I replied, continuing to trace little images into the sand. The two of us redheads sat in silence, until Party's voice broke it.

"I was thinkin' spark." Party begun, his tone made me stop tracing the sand and look up into his hazel eyes. "Ever consider being apart of the fabulous four?" Party offered on the spot. I was semi shocked to say the least, my mouth was hanging slightly agape. Party saw my expression and put his head down instantly. "We could be like the fabulous five or something- I don't know, probably a stupid idea, I know how you like working alone-" Party rushed his words, pink rising on his normally pale cheeks. Was THE Party Poison getting flustered? I cut the leader off mid sentence.

"I- I don't know Party." I stuttered looking up to the leader confused.

"It'd just suck if anything happened to you Spark. The guys and I have grown attached to you. You're like their little sis." Party said ruffling up my hair, to which I glared at him. "Thanks." I replied bluntly.

"We can help you out, you don't gotta live this way sunshine. I couldn't think of anything worse then being alone in this revolution." Party continued to convince me. "This life aint that glamorous, but at least consider it. Plus! We need someone like you, I hate admitting it, but you're the best shot I've ever seen. Better then me even." Party admitted, lowering his head.

My head shot up at this, my mouth dropping open. "Hey- don't do that or I'll take it back." Party pointed at me noticing my reaction.

"Fine." I said the single word, excitement rushing through me.

"Wait what?" Party asked looking at me strangely.

"I'll do it. I'll join your group, you're right, I've already gotten too attached to you fuckheads to leave now, cheers for that." I explained laughing at Party's shocked expression. "But in all seriousness, I'll join your group."

Party draped one of his arms around my shoulder bringing me in for a side on hug. "Welcome to the team, Suicide Spark, and I've got even more good news."

I looked into his hazel eyes. "And what's that?"

"We're headin' out to The Triffid tonight." Party said excitedly, smiling down at me. Ah of course, I almost forgot the plan tonight was to head out into zone 2 to The Triffid, i'm sure the night will be nothing but interesting.