Nice Neighbors

So I'm introducing a new charcter. Enjoy. Picture of Carson to your right :)

Stacey pulled in front of my house just as my mom was walking into the yard. I got out of the car; "I'll see you both tomorrow" I threw over my shoulder. My mom smiled as I walked to the porch, “I am so happy you made friends, I know you were attached to that Britney girl back in Florida, so it’s nice to see you moving on.” I rolled my eyes, “Her name was Bethany, and I’ve never had a problem making friends. Oh and where were you just coming from?”

She blushed, “Oh I went for a walk to have a look at the neighborhood, and came across the nicest family. They invited us to dinner and everything.” I nodded, “Well, I am going to head inside and get some homework done”.

I walked inside, grabbed a mountain dew from the fridge and made my way to my room. It was bigger than my last one, but less homey. I needed to buy some posters for this place or something. I flopped onto my bed, put my headphones in, and started my homework.

Now don’t get me wrong, I’m not stupid or anything, but math has never come easy to me. I couldn’t even understand the instructions. I sighed; I’d have to do it with Robin on the bus. I stood up and stretched, it was 5:30. We had to be to dinner for six. I started to get ready.

I walked into the living room around 6:05, looking for my mom. She was by the front door, tapping her foot. I took in her appearance and immediately felt underdressed. She wore a black dress pants and a white frilly shirt, her make-up done to perfection. I looked down at my jeans and tank-top and frowned. “Why are you so dressed up?” she turned to me “We’re already late, no time for chit chat.” She hustled me out the door quickly and onto the sidewalk.

We walked over two houses from ours, to a two story house with a very well kept lawn. I noticed a skateboard on the side of the porch and smiled. Somebody I could ride with. We pushed the doorbell and waited. Not even thirty seconds later the door opened, revealing a beautiful woman in a black dress. Once again I looked down at my outfit and frowned. “Please come in Tina” she looked at me, “And you must be Leigh”. I smiled and nodded. The woman seemed so sophisticated.

We walked in and hung our coats near the door. “My husband is running a bit late so how about we have a glass of wine, and Leigh you can go upstairs and tell Carson to get ready”. I looked at our hostess like she was crazy. You don’t just allow strangers to wander your house, but small town people are trusting like that I guess.

“Carson is my son dear”, she said misunderstanding my “are you crazy” look for a “who is Carson” look. “Um...sure Ms.?” I asked. I can’t believe my mom didn’t even tell me these people’s names. “Call me Jessica. Now go find Carson while I have a drink with your mom” They walked towards the kitchen talking, leaving me alone.

I sighed walking up the stairs. I didn’t even know which room was his. I knocked on the first door. No answer. I moved to the second door, which was slightly ajar. I pushed it open revealing a large bathroom. I moved to the third door, and heard music. I knocked, and immediately heard shuffling around.

“Coming!” a voice yelled from behind the door. It took a full three minutes before the door was yanked open, revealing a tall guy. He looked to be about 6 ft. He wore a jeans and black t-shirt. He was skinny, too skinny for my taste, but he had a boyish face. He had a beanie over his blond hair, and his blue eyes were glassed. The overwhelming smell of frebreze assaulted my nose, with a hint of weed. I smirked, well that explained the glassy eyes. Carson was stoned.

He looked me up and down and leaned on the door, smiling. “Who are you?” he asked.” Leigh” I answered as I brushed passed him into the room, the smell of weed stronger. “Your mom sent me up here to find you.” I looked around the room, “Where is the weed”. His eyes widened. He shut the door and rushed over to me. “You smoke?” he asked bewildered. I nodded, “So where is it?”

His face broke out into a huge grin. He jumped over his bed and pulled out a half a joint. He took a lighter out of his back pocket, and lit it. He handed it to me and stepped back staring. I took a huge pull, closed my eyes, and held it for a few seconds before blowing it into his face. He looked at me in awe.

“What?” I snapped. “Nothing, it’s just girls around here don’t smoke or do anything, like at all.” I took another pull from the joint before handing it back to him. He did the same and then outed it. “Come on, we should head downstairs”. He pulled out a bottle of cologne, sprayed himself and then handed it to me. I did the same. He led me back downstairs and into the kitchen.

“Found him” I said as soon as our moms came into view. Jessica smiled at me; her and my mom both looked a little tipsy. I smiled back, while Carson introduced himself to my mom. Then we heard the front door slam, “Jesse” the deep voice called out. “In here” she answered.

Carson spilled my mom’s glass of wine, I quickly turned around to laugh at him, “Good going” I teased. He rolled his eyes. “This is my husband Jeremy” Jessica said. I turned around and locked eyes with Mr. Brinks. His eyes widened and I smirked. Well what do we have here?