Restricted

Picture of Leigh to your right :)

“Why do you want to stay here, what’s wrong with your own house?” I put extra emphasis on own. I mean I really liked Kyle, but that didn’t mean I was looking for any roommates. He shifted uncomfortably from his left foot to his right, he was nervous.

“My dad wasn’t too happy with me disrespecting him last night” he said softly. I immediately felt guilty; Kyle had gotten kicked out all for the sake of a dumb project.

I sighed, “Well you heard Tina. Of course you can stay, even though you’ve only known me for a week but hey, who’s counting right?” I turned and headed back to the kitchen, Kyle close behind. We sat at the island next to Robin, while my mom made pasta.

“So what exactly happened with you and your dad?” I asked. Kyle immediately frowned, “He just went crazy as soon as I got home. He said lately I had been lying and not giving explanations to where I am all the time and a bunch of other crap. I told him just back off, he threw me out, simple as that.” Kyle played with the string on his hoodie. I sighed, “At least he didn’t see the tattoo” I mumbled.

Robin’s eyes immediately lit up, “Can I see it?” My mom stopped cooking and turned around too. Kyle smiled and pushed his hair out of the way to show off his violin. “Wow” Robin replied in awe. My mom snickered, “I heard that you cried Kyle” my mom said in between giggles. The blush that I hadn’t seen in so long and missed much more than I cared to admit flooded Kyle’s face.

I was just about to jump on the “teasing Kyle” train when my phone rang in the living room. I jumped up leaving Robin and my mom to mess with Kyle. I did a little dance to my ringer “Wish We Were Older” by MetroStation before answering it.

“Yeah Hello?” my greeting was met with silence. I groaned, “Hellooo? Anybody there?” I asked again. Then the person abruptly hung up. I looked at my phone to check the phone number but it was Restricted. I pocketed my phone and headed back to the kitchen.

*********

Kyle and I ended up dropping Robin home after dinner, even though she only lived a couple of blocks away. Her parents wanted to confirm that it was my house she stayed at. No wonder the girl was so high maintenance, with parents like that, I would be too.

“So you want to head back to your place now or do something else?” Kyle asked as soon as we got in the car. I looked out the window debating what we could do. I really didn’t want to be at home all day on a Saturday.

“How about we go to a movie or something?” I asked shyly. I wasn’t sure if he would take this as me asking him out or just two friends hanging out. Hell, I wasn’t even sure how I wanted him to take it. I could honestly say I had no idea what the hell Kyle and I were.

It clearly wasn’t a relationship, but were we dating or just friends who occasionally made out when our emotions run high. Kyle and I had kissed all of two times, and the first time I had practically raped him, the second time because he was feeling messed up about his brother and was trying to distract me.

Did Kyle ever want to just kiss me because he wanted to do just that; kiss me? No he didn’t and I was surprised at how much that annoyed me.

“Yeah, I heard there’s a pretty good horror out right now. We can watch that” he reversed out of Robin’s driveway and headed to the movie theater. I patted my pockets and realized I had no cash on me. “Hey can we swing back my house I need to get some money.” I told him. He smiled, “I got it” and continued to the movies.

*********

Kyle was already seated while I was in line buying popcorn. According to him, since he’s paying, I have to wait in line. Just as I was about to step to the counter to order, I was skipped by a brunette with entirely too much perfume on.