I Blushed...

Picture of Robin to your right :)

“So where are we going?” Kyle asked. I raised my eyebrows. Did Kyle not ask me to skip? Did Kyle not make a big scene in front of everybody? Did Kyle not yank me away from my lunch and school? So why doesn’t Kyle know where we’re going? Key word here; Kyle. “I thought you knew, you were the one that wanted to leave.” I replied.

He frowned, “I just wanted to get away from Hannah. She’s been acting crazy for the last couple of days” I rolled my eyes, I did not sign up for the  “listen to my problems” job, “Kyle, either show me a good time or take me back to school. The last thing I want to hear right now is your girlfriend’s name.” He laughed, “You’re something else you know that. Alright, you’re probably hungry, wanna get some food then?” I nodded.

We drove in silence after that.  After a few minutes, we pulled into a cute little diner. The place was small, and adorable. There was a lake right behind the place. Who builds a restaurant in front of a lake?

I got out the car and followed Kyle inside. The place was completely empty, but Kyle sill made us wait to be seated. Finally an old man came out with a cigar in his mouth, he took a look at us and yelled, “Molly?! We’ve got customers in the front!” he then walked back into the kitchen a cloud of smoke following him. I snickered, old people were so funny.

 Kyle turned to face me, “So about what happened in the cafeteria, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean…” I raised my hand cutting him off. “You’re a bad boy now Kyle, you don’t have to answer to anybody now, ok?” he smiled, happy that I wasn’t mad. He ran his hand through his hair and I swear I would die; the boy could’ve been a model.

“Hello there.” An older woman appeared and welcomed us. She took us towards a table in the back, took our orders, and left. “So Leigh, what brought you here to start trouble in our usually quiet town?” Kyle joked. “Look we’re not here to bond and stuff. We haven’t really got to discuss the changes you need to be making, so if you wanna talk, let’s talk about that,” He frowned, but nodded in agreement anyway.

“So what should I be doing?” he asked. “Well the scene in the caf was a good start. By now, everybody is talking about you and Hannah’s argument. Plus, you admitted to cheating on her, so that helps you new image. Now we need to screw around with your parents. Their testament will be the most important for our project.” He raised his eyebrows in surprise.

“What?” I snapped. That blush that I love spread across his face, “Sorry, I just was shocked to think you cared about what grade we got.” I sighed, “Well I do, and stop apologizing. Bad boys don’t do that.” Just then, the waitress came out and put two huge burgers in front of us. My mouth watered.

We ate quickly and asked for the bill, “The food here is great” I told him. “Yeah, me and my brother used to come here all the time” he looked distant as he said it. I frowned, please don’t let his brother be dead, and Kyle has some kind of traumatic experience because those types of guys are the absolute worst.

The waitress put the check on the table. Kyle place ten dollars on the table and stood up, “Um, Kyle? The bill is eighteen bucks.” I picked up the ten, “This isn’t enough”. He smirked, “Bad boys don’t buy shit, unless he’s getting something in return” he winked and walked out. I laughed and threw the ten dollars my mom gave me onto the table. Now he’s getting the hang of it.

I walked outside to the car, and Kyle was nowhere to be found. Where the hell was he? Someone whistled and I turned around to see Kyle, standing there, by the lake, shirtless. Now there are a few things in life that make my jaw drop. For instance; The Niagara Falls, The Grand Canyon, the ending of the last Resident Evil movie, and now adding to that list is Kyle shirtless.