Move

Picture to the right is Kyle :)

Recap:

My breathing hitched, “Oh yeah? How close?” I asked breathlessly. He brushed his lips across my forehead, turned around abruptly, and went to sleep. I sat there dumbfounded, “Kyle, I know you’re not sleeping.” He still didn’t answer me. I shook his shoulder, “Kyle?” he answered me with a loud snore. I groaned and turned the opposite direction to sleep. The last thing I heard before sleep took me was my father’s threat replaying over and over like a broken record, eyes so much like my own haunting my dreams.

*********

Getting dressed for school with Kyle in the house was harder than I thought it’d be. First off, I had to wait to go to the bathroom, and then he complained about the brand of toothpaste I use, and to make things worse, he used nearly my whole can of hairspray. Yeah, the Kyle and Leigh roommate adventure was getting old real fast.

“Go over to Carson’s and pick out some clothes” I told him as soon as I saw what he planned on wearing, khakis with a sweater. I inwardly cringed. He frowned but went anyway. I ate breakfast at my house seeing as how Stacey was taking me to school today.

I texted Robin asking if she wanted a ride, her response was an angry face and her saying she’d take the bus. I laughed and told her to wear the outfit we’d decided on Saturday. “Already wearing it” she replied with wink face. I was just about to text her back when a horn honked outside.

I dashed outside and scrambled into Stacey’s car. I didn’t want to be alone anywhere outdoors knowing that my dad knew of our location. I had decided against telling my mom for now.

He’d went back to New York, or so he claimed, and I wanted more time to think of an alternative to present to her other than us packing up and leaving. I just needed a couple of days, that’s all.

We pulled up to the school, and I glanced around the parking lot for Kyle. He’d just arrived with Carson; I’m guessing they’re into the whole carpooling thing now. I wasn’t even going to deny it; they were both looking hot today.

They both had on beanies, Kyle wearing all black, and Carson settling for a jeans and green hoodie. They spotted us and made their way over.

“Oh baby, I was heartbroken when I heard you weren’t riding me today” Carson said overdramatically. I raised my eyebrows, “You mean riding with you” I corrected. He smirked, “Nope” he replied popping the “p”. I groaned and shoved him away.

“Looking good Marchetta” I complimented. Kyle in turn blushed. My heart beat sped up at his flaming face. Dear God this boy was getting to me.

“Hey Carson, can we talk?” a small voice spoke from behind us. We turned around and I could barely keep the smug smile off my face. Kyle and Carson’s mouth dropped, while Stacey just looked uncomfortable.

Before us stood Robin in a short yellow skirt, a white tank top, a black leather jacket, and a pair of my favorite boots, she looked absolutely stunning, her makeup done to perfection.

“Um…o-of course, I’ll walk you to class?” Carson asked uncertain. I almost laughed. Robin smiled, “That’d be great” she turned on her heel, Carson following behind like a puppy.

Kyle turned on me, “You just love changing people don’t you?” I smirked, “Only for the better, speaking of which, we have seriously been slacking off on your badboy transformation”

Stacey looked confused, “What?” Shit! I forgot she was there. “Nothing” Kyle snapped. I frowned; did he not like Stacey or something? Stacey glared at him but said nothing. I looked at them both questioningly, but no one volunteered an answer to the abrupt tension.