Never Again

Picture of Carson to your right. If you were unaware, I have changed Carson's character form Chris Zylka to Austin Butler. :) Enjoy!

I sat in Mr. Jackson’s office…again. One of the science teachers had heard all the commotion coming from the band room, and went in to investigate. He pulled Hannah off of me, and dragged her to the office while she screamed “whore” and “slut” on her way out, alerting the whole school of what had happened.

Kyle wouldn’t stop apologizing for her behavior and promising to make it up to me, I just ignored him. I was planning a way to get back at Hannah. I knew that if I was in her situation, I would’ve beaten me up too, but I still wasn’t having it.

Who did she think she was? It wasn’t like their relationship wasn’t on its way to being over. They cheated on each other, what relationship would thrive from what they put it through? I will admit, I was feeling a bit guilty, but then I would remember her pulling on my hair, and I’d get mad all over again. Apparently Hannah had gotten suspended for hitting me, while Kyle and I got detention for skipping class.

Mr. Jackson called me into his office, lectured me, called Tina to let her know, and gave me a detention slip. I just wanted to get home and get a bag of ice on my face. She left a small bruise on the side of my face, but I could cover it with my hair. The only thing I was worrying about at the moment was my mom’s reaction to me getting in trouble.

I was sent back to class, and everybody was whispering about me. A girl even came up to me and asked if I got off on breaking up relationships? I almost snapped and launched myself at her if Carson hadn’t been there with his hand on my shoulder. He and Robin stuck by me all day, which I appreciated.

Kyle came up to me right after school, and asked if I wanted a ride. I nodded and got in the car, “How was everything when you got back to class?” he asked as he started the car. I shrugged. I would not complain about how they whispered about me. I didn’t care either; I was used to similar treatment in previous schools.

“I want you to know Hannah and I are through. What she did was uncalled for” he said. I looked at him and laughed, “She had every right to do that Kyle. You’re her boyfriend and we were all over each other. Why the hell did you kiss me anyway?” I questioned.

Yeah I was attracted to Kyle, but I wasn’t obsessed with the guy. I could’ve gone without kissing him. After that time in my room, my initial curiosity was gone. I honestly didn’t even know what I felt for the guy.

“Would you believe me if I said I honestly don’t know why.” he replied. I turned to look out the window, ignoring him the rest of the ride. I wasn’t really mad at anyone but myself. I was always supposed to be in control, but when I got around Kyle, I lost all common sense.

He pulled up to my house, and we both got out. I threw my bag on the porch and made my way to Carson’s house, Kyle following close behind. I wanted to tell Carson about us going out tomorrow, I was still unsure whether I wanted to invite Stacey. She still seemed hung up on Mr. Brinks for reasons I will never fathom.

I knocked on the door and stood back next to Kyle. He opened his mouth to say something but was stopped when the door was pulled open to reveal a scowling Mr. Brinks, “What?” he said in an irritated tone. I rolled my eyes and pushed past him into the house and headed upstairs.

I heard him mutter a curse under his breath but I ignored it. I was not in the mood to deal with Mr. Pedophile. I made my way to Carson’s room and knocked. A few seconds later a sleepy Carson opened the door, “Do you just pass out as soon as you get home?” I pushed my way into his room and sat on the bed. Kyle came in and sat at the desk in the corner. Carson glared at me and pulled on a white t-shirt.