Guns and Other Things

Picture of Robin to your right :)

Recap:

Kai scoffed, “A kidnapping for just a month? Make it six and you got a deal little bro.” I sighed, “Whatever” I mumbled. He laughed and stood up, “Well let’s get this show on the road then.” He slapped his knee and outed his cigarette on the coffee table. Robin and Carson looked at me silently pleading that there was an alternative. I shook my head in defeat. Sadly, my idiot brother was our only hope. I just hoped his military background was useful for something. 

*********

I sighed and squeezed my legs closed trying to think of dry thoughts. I should have really peed when I had the chance. But who wants to pee in a bucket while your enemy watches. I shuddered at the thought.

I sat up straighter against the grimy wall and called out to Hannah, “Hannah? How long exactly have you been missing?” I asked. She sighed, “More than a day I guess? I was taken last night and the sun’s setting now, so yeah.” She was talking so low I strained to hear her.

“So do you think your parents have filed a missing person’s report?” I asked with hope in my voice. If they did, that probably meant that the police were looking for us. She sighed, “Probably, my mom’s a raving lunatic when I skip curfew. She probably has the F.B.I looking for me.” She chuckled weakly at her own joke.

“What about you?” she asked me. I sighed, “My mom’s probably too busy packing” I said in an annoyed tone. My stomach twisted at the thought of leaving this town. Even after all that’s happened, I wanted to stay now more than ever.

“Well I can tell you right now that Kyle’s looking for us” she said in a bored tone. I sucked in a breath, “How do you know?” She laughed, “He’s mister “I will save you from your problems” Leigh, of course he’s looking for us, especially me being that I’m his girlfriend.” She said in her now annoying monotone.

I bit my lip hard to stop myself from saying something stupid like: Well you weren’t his girlfriend last night” but quickly kept my jealousy at bay. The girl’s leg was broken for fuck’s sake, she had the right to be delusional I guess.

I slid across the wall a little to lean more comfortably when something sharp dug deep into my wrist. I yelped and pushed off the wall in surprise. I tried to turn around to see what pricked me, but my numb body only allowed me so much movement.

I sighed and pressed my back into the wall where the sharp object had stabbed me. I couldn’t find it. I swayed and rubbed my back against the wall repeatedly stretching as far as I could go until final I was stabbed in my lower back. I yelped and felt around for the object with my fingers. It was a nail!

I immediately went to work very slowly at cutting through the thick rope. As I ran my bound hands back and forth along the sharp nail attempting to gnaw at the rope, all that ran through my mind was, “Now we have a fighting chance”

*********

Kyle’s POV

“Can I have this one!?” Carson asked as he ran into my brother’s walk-in closet. He was holding up some kind of hand gun, while Robin fussed at him to put it down. I looked around the closet where guns and huge knives hung all around. I turned back to Kai, “Is all of this necessary?” I asked while Robin and Carson argued about who’s the clumsiest out of the both of them.