Silence

Picture to your right is Carson

I stretched my arms stifling a yawn, “Watch it!” a deep sleepy voice beside me complained. I scrambled off the bed and stared down at a messed haired Kyle. All of the events of yesterday crashing back into my head, “Sorry, I forgot you were here” I flopped back onto the bed and threw my arms over my eyes to block out the sunlight streaming in.

“So how long am I allowed to stay here?” Kyle asked. I groaned. Didn’t he see I was trying to go back to sleep? “I have no idea. How long do you need to stay here?” He got off the bed and stretched, I felt myself drooling at his muscled back. Wait, when did he get his shirt off?

“I don’t really know. My dad’s never thrown me out before. I’ll drop by the house today to see if he’s cooled off.” I nodded averting my eyes to the floor as he turned around. I had seen enough of Kyle’s torso for a lifetime.

“Can I use the bathroom first? I won’t be long.” He said as he walked out the door to the bathroom. I rolled my eyes. What was the point in asking me then? Ugh. I slid my feet in some socks and headed to the kitchen. I hadn’t had a good breakfast in days.

As soon as I banked the corner I bumped into Carson. I punched him in the chest. “Hey calm down Leigh, It’s me” he said rubbing his chest. I glared, “I know it’s you asshole” and punched him again.

He narrowed his eyes, “So you’re not even going to listen to my side of the story then?” I brushed passed him, “Why should I? It seems pretty obvious that you hooked up with Stacey.” The smell of bacon making my mouth water, I saw my mom at the stove.

“Listen, none of it was my fault. Stacey fucking attacked me.” He exclaimed. My mom’s head whipped around, “Language Carson!” He bowed his head sheepishly, “Sorry Tina” she nodded and turned her attention back to the food on the stove.

“Pray tell how a 5’8 girl attacked a six foot idiot like you?” He sighed, ‘We were wasted and she was all over me. At first I was pushing her off because I was looking for Robin, but she was nowhere to be found. So Stacey and I took it upstairs.” I frowned, “Everything about that story sounds like your fault. You couldn’t find Robin so you hook up with her friend? Way to go.” I said sarcastically.

“There’s only so much seduction a man can take Leigh” he groaned. “Whatever, you shouldn’t be explaining yourself to me, you should be talking to Robin.” I sat down at the island as my mom put a plate of bacon and waffles in front of me. I dug in immediately.

Carson sat down beside me to the plate my mom had placed there. He picked up a fork to eat, but my mom snatched the plate away before he could even touch it. “That is for our guest. I didn’t know you were coming, so I didn’t make enough. There’s cereal in the cabinet” she placed the extra plate in the microwave and exited the kitchen. Carson grumbled and made his way to the cabinet. I snickered; he was having a bad weekend.

Just as Carson sat down, Kyle entered the kitchen in clean clothes. He looked at me questioningly, and I pointed to the microwave. He took out his breakfast and sat on the other side of me. Carson’s mouth wide open the entire time, “He slept here?! What the hell?” Carson exclaimed. I sighed and tried to ignore him. “One of you needs to answer me” Carson grumbled.