I'm Not Leaving

Picture of Carson to your right :)

Recap:

As soon as my dad was done with me, I walked up to Tina and asked her what they were going to do now. Her answer wasn’t one that I liked at all. “Kyle baby, as much as I appreciate what you guys have done here, I think it would be best if Leigh and I started over somewhere else. I’m sorry baby.” I nodded and didn’t argue this time. If it was going to make Leigh happy then I’d let her go, no matter how bad it hurt me.

**********

I woke up, my wrist still aching like hell. I rubbed at my eyes and slowly took in my surroundings. I was in my bed. I let out a sigh of relief. Kyle and Carson saving us hadn’t been a dream. I was home. I sat up slowly and swung my feet over the side of the bed. I shuffled to the bathroom and dealt with two days’ worth of grime and the longest pee I had ever had. I got dressed in some sweat pants and a t-shirt.

I headed to my mom’s room, but she was nowhere to be found. Who the hell leaves their kid alone in the house after a traumatic experience like that? I groaned and opened the fridge. I took out some leftover pizza and put it in the microwave. As it heated, I took out my phone to call Robin.

“Hello?” she answered breathlessly. “Hey, where are you?” I asked just as the microwave beeped signaling that my pizza was finished. “I’m at the hospital with Carson.” I face palmed. I had completely forgotten about him getting shot. What kind of friend was I? “Is he okay?”

Robin giggled, “Leigh, the bullet barely touched him, he’ll be fine.” I let out a breath of relief. I didn’t really know what to say to her. Would just a thanks be enough? How do you thank someone for putting their own life at risk and saving yours?

I sighed, “Robin…thank you” She was silent for a few seconds before answering. “You should really be thanking Kyle; he was the one who figured out what had happened to you.” I nodded. “Do you know where he is?” I asked.

“Oh yeah, he’s right here. Hold on.” I heard shuffling around and murmuring. For some reason my heart was pounding in my chest. I hadn’t talked to him since that night that we…ya know…slept together. Red tinged my cheeks as flashes of his kisses plagued me.

“Hello?” he said breathlessly. I paused unable to talk. What was wrong with me? It was just Kyle, the guy who had saved my life. “Hello Leigh?” I cleared my throat, “Hey, how are you?” He sighed, “I’m fine, mostly dealing with police and stuff, by the way my dad is going to need to talk to you.” I cringed, if there was one thing I hated it was talking to cops. That was what had gotten me in this mess in the first place.

“Do I have to?” I whined. Kyle laughed, “Yeah. Your mom is over at the station talking to my dad now.” Well at least now I knew where she was. An awkward silence followed so I thought of the first thing that came to mind. “So at least we have a huge story for ‘Project Making Kyle into a Bad Boy’. But school is going to be weird.”

Kyle cleared his throat, “So…your mom didn’t tell you yet huh?” I sat up straighter. Something about the tone of his voice put me on edge. “My mom didn’t tell me what yet?” he sighed, “I don’t think it’s my place to say anything Leigh. You should just ask her when she gets home.” My eyes widened, “What? Why can’t you just tell me?”

I heard Robin say something in the background. “Hey Leigh, I gotta go, but just ask your mom when she gets home.” And with that he hung up. I threw my phone onto the couch and went into the kitchen to eat my pizza.