Enemies Closer

Picture of Stacey to your right :)

(This is not edited, sorry)

Recap:

I pulled into the old parking lot and shoved my phone and Kyle’s car keys into my pocket. I jogged up the stairs to the second floor seeing as how the first floor looked impossible to even break into. I searched the whole floor and came up empty. I made my way to the third floor. I was about to open the first door when it was pulled open. I was yanked into the dark room and shoved into a wall, my head connecting with it hard.

A blurry figure moved towards me. My vision was blurring and I swear I saw two of them as I lost consciousness. My last thought as I faded to the black was, “Please don’t let Kyle try to play the hero.”

**********

My head throbbed like I had been beaten with a bat, and I had no feeling in my legs and arms whatsoever. I opened my eyes and waited for them to adjust the darkness. I took a glance at my surroundings, I was in one of the old motel rooms, and I wasn’t alone.

I gasped; ten feet away from me laid Hannah, as she wasn’t moving. I tried to move towards her, but my legs and hands were bound with rope. I let out a groan, I should’ve left a note or something for my mom, now I was going to die, and this bitch’s face would be the last thing I saw. I sighed and leaned back against the wall.

Why would my dad go to such lengths just kill me? He probably still had some sick idea that me, my mom, and him would live happily ever after. What a sicko? Tina is going to be devastated when she finds out I’m missing. I don’t even want to know what Kyle will do.

Knowing him, he’d probably try to come and get me. I laughed out loud, why would he? I had gotten his childhood love, Hannah, kidnapped, I had gotten him kicked out of his house, and I was most probably just a roll around in the sack.

What sane person would want me around?  Hannah’s quiet sobbing brought me out of my self-pity. “Hannah! Hannah! Are you okay?” I asked quickly. I squirmed as much as I could trying to make my way towards her, but it was useless. “She turned her head slightly, wincing at the pain; it was then that I had noticed that Hannah had bruises all along her face. I instantly felt bad for referring to her as a bitch earlier.

“Leigh?” she whispered weakly. “Yeah, it’s me. How do you feel?” I asked stupidly. She probably felt like shit. She sighed, “My face hurts but it’s nowhere near as bad as the pain in my leg.” I looked at her leg and saw that it was bent in an odd angle. But there was no rope tying her legs up either. A surge of hope rushed through me. “Hey Hannah! He didn’t tie your legs.” I said, happiness lacing my voice. She sobbed, “Leigh, he broke my leg” she whispered in between cries.

My hope deflated in seconds, “So you can’t walk then?” I asked even though I knew the answer. “No, and even if I could walk, that bitch would never let us pass the door” Hannah yelled in the direction of the front of the room. My brows furrowed in confusion, “What bitch? Who else is there?” I asked. Hannah looked at me, and then she laughed. We were tied up, probably on the brink of death, and this girl was laughing.

“You mean you don’t know? Well this is just rich. I’ll admit I was shocked too, but I thought you would’ve had some idea” I just sat there confused, “Can you just tell me what’s going on?” I yelled.

The door opened and a new voice rang through the air, “Shut up Hannah before I break your arm next.” Hannah whimpered in response. Footsteps echoed through the room, but it was still too dark to see.