Threatened

Picture of Robin to your right :)

Recap:

My phone started buzzing. I picked it up and looked at the caller ID; Restricted. I answered, “Who the hell is this?!” I yelled. There was silence for a few moments, “Turn around” I froze at the voice and turned around to lock eyes with the last person I had ever wanted to see. “Hello Leigh.” He said smiling at me. My blood was rushing to my ears, my fingers twitched, and I had the overwhelming desire to urinate, “Hey dad”

********

He walked towards me slowly. I matched his steps, walking backwards just as slowly. “I’ve missed you honey” he said softly. I smiled awkwardly, “Oh really, that’s nice I guess.” He chuckled.

He wore brown slacks and a white button up work shirt, his gun holstered to his side. I immediately felt afraid. “Where’s you’re police uniform?” I asked nervously. I needed to distract him so I can run the hell away from him.

His eyes widened, he probably didn’t know that we knew his occupation; well we had kept tabs on him too. “I got promoted to detective, I got a lot more power now” he said proudly. I nodded, wishing Stacey would pop up now.

“So…how did you find me?” I asked. He had finally stopped walking towards me. Now we just stood there facing each other, ten feet apart. The carnival around us still in full swing, everyone oblivious to the situation I was in. I wanted to scream.

“I keep tabs on when you and your mother’s name pop up on radar. Someone around this area put a search on you in the database, thought I’d fly over and make sure you guys were here.” My throat constricted, he’d found us because of me!

I wanted to bang my head against one of the portable potties. He’d found me because I had given my name to the stupid cops at Carson’s party. I just knew Kyle’s dad was the one to have done a background check on me.

“Well you found us, so yay you. We don’t live here though. We live two states over, I just came with a friend to visit the carnival” I said quickly. I wasn’t telling this psycho where we lived. His eyebrows furrowed, “I think you’re lying.” I frowned, “Well who cares what you think”

He laughed, “You turned out just like your mother. You got that same fire that attracted me to her years ago.” I sighed. Where was Stacey?! It doesn’t take this long to get candy. I decided to rescue myself.

“Well as fun as this reunion has been” I said glancing at my invisible watch,” I think I’ll be off” I tried to move around him, but he just mimicked me. I sighed and stepped back, “You know, you’d have to be an idiot to think we’re going anywhere with you. Can’t you just leave us alone?”

He frowned, “Leigh, I love you and your mother very much. You were very young when you left; your mom took you away from me. I’m not going to defend myself and say what I did to you guys was right, because I know it wasn’t. But baby girl understand that I was under a lot of pressure. But things are different now. I’m off the bottle, I’ve got a good job with benefits, and we can move right back to Florida. We can surf again Leigh”

My heart jumped at the thought of surfing again, it had been too long. But the rest of the bullshit he was saying, I wasn’t falling for. “How many other times did you promise you wouldn’t hit us again? Huh? Do you remember, because I sure do” Okay that was a lie, I have no idea how many times exactly, but I know it was a lot.