Hey Handsome

Picture of Leigh to your right :)

Her face flushed. Did she really think no one noticed that she liked Carson, “H-how did you know? Did he say something about me?” she asked hopefully. I shook my head, it’s better to be honest with her so she could step her game up. Her hope instantly deflated, “I have no idea what to do, I’ve never been in this situation before Leigh” she sat down on the couch and put her face in her hands.

“What do you mean you’ve never been in this situation before? You’ve never liked someone?” She shook her head, “I’ve liked people before, just not guys who do illegal stuff. I usually like guys who are in my same social circle.” I laughed, “Geeks or something?” She scowled, which was actually adorable on her, “No, just students who don’t skip, or do drugs, but do their homework.”

I nodded my head, “You mean like geeks” Robin launched a pillow at me head. “Be serious Leigh, I really liked him and I thought he would’ve said something to you about me.” I felt bad for saying it, but she needed to know, “He likes Stacey.” I said bluntly.

She through her head back and cackled, “Well now that I know I have no chance, I’m just going to go home and sit in my tub.” She stood up to leave, but I shoved her back on the couch, “Why do you think you have no chance?”

She looked at me like I was stupid, “Have you seen Stacey?! She looks like a freaking model. She’s tall, blond, and she’s not a virgin. The complete opposite of short, shapeless, and never had her first kiss girl.” she said pointing to herself. I’m not going to even lie to her and say that what she said is wrong, but she had something better than Stacey. She wasn’t sleeping with his father.

“Robin, how about you just tell him you like him” she shook her head before I even finished the sentence, “I can’t deal with rejection. I have to make sure he likes me before I even hint at anything.”

“So what do you want me to do?” I walked back into the kitchen and took out two bowls. She followed me, “Just help me get his attention. If he likes Stacey and she likes him back, we’ll just forget about it.” I scooped ice cream into both bowls, “Trust me, Stacey does not like him back.” She smiled at my reassurance.

Then Kyle walked into the kitchen, “Can I have some? He asked signaling to the ice cream.  I groaned and got another bowl. I began to scoop ice cream into it when Robin asked, “Are you two like a thing or something?” I shook my head, “I have a girlfriend” Kyle responded.

For some reason, hearing him say that again made my chest constrict. I knew that he and Hannah were still an item. The thing in the cafeteria was just him proving himself. I sighed and handed him the bowl of ice cream. I ate in silence while Robin chattered on about school to Kyle who chattered along with her.

After making me promise that I would help her gain Carson’s attention, Robin left, leaving Kyle and I alone. We were sitting on the couch watching pretty little liars, him by force, when my mom got home. “Hello Tina” Kyle said cheerily to my mom as she walked in. My head snapped around, what the hell was with everyone calling my mom by her first name. She smiled warmly, “Hi Kyle.” And even worse, what was with her allowing everybody to call her by her first name.

“Glad to know you two are so well acquainted” I said sarcastically. My mom went into the kitchen and started dinner. “Kyle will you be staying for dinner?” she yelled from the kitchen. Kyle stood up from the couch and stretched, “No, but thanks for the offer. I gotta get home and see my brother.

This was the second time today he mentioned his brother. Well at least I knew he was alive. I stood up and walked Kyle out, “Are you going to bring clothes for me again?” he asked. He stood on the porch, his hair whipping in the wind, “Yeah, and don’t forget, be bad” he laughed and pulled me into a hug.