5

The next morning Lauren awoke, it took her a second to remember why she was on the couch, memories of last night quickly flooded her mind. Lauren instantly looks to the door to her bedroom, the girl quietly pads over. She slowly opens the door, peeking into the room, her eyes widen in surprise at the neatly made bed.

The green eyed girl quickly turns around and heads to the bathroom, she steps into the room, turning the lights on. Camila's clothes are gone. Lauren looks to the sink, her t-shirt and flannel are sitting side by side, neatly folded. The girl physically slumps her shoulders, her chest feels like it's caving in on itself. Camila left.

The girl reaches for the flannel, before she can revise her decisions she takes the fabric to her nose, letting Camila's scent invade her senses.

She lifts her head, in a flash she balls the shirt up in her hands and throws it against the wall with all her might. "I can't believe I let myself get sucked in like that," Lauren grumbles to herself. She leaves the bathroom, slamming her hand against the light switch. She checks the time, groaning to herself, Lauren lazily walked into her room, she threw a pair of leggings on and a baggy sweatshirt, she couldn't even dress better than how she felt. She throws her hair up in a messy ponytail before grabbing her back pack and sulking across the hall to her friends apartment.

Lauren avoided eye contact with every girl in the room and just went straight for the pot of coffee on the kitchen counter. Dinah was the first one to speak up. "Fun night Lauren?"

The girl rolls her eyes as she mixes sugar into her cup. "The night was fine. Morning? Not so much." Lauren turns around, sipping her coffee, she looks at her friends and their expressions are awaiting an explanation. "She left, when I woke up she wasn't there," Lauren shrugs, hiding her disappointed frown in her cup.

"What?" Ally asks, confused from the couch.

"She wasn't there," Lauren sighs, making eye contact with each of the girls

Dinah gives the green eyed girl a sympathetic look, "Aw Lauren."

Once Lauren is walking through the streets of New York towards her school she has time to think. Why would Camila leave? Where did she go? Did Lauren do something to set off the smaller girl? All of these questions continuously weighed down on the dark haired girl, she almost walked right by her university she was so deep in thought. As she ascended the stairs she quickly shook the thoughts of Camila from her mind. It was time to focus on school.

Lauren was expecting to walk into creative writing and throw herself into her assignment, honestly, she was looking forward to writing, but as soon as emerald connected with caramel that hope is shattered. Lauren's eyes rake over the girl before her, she's all done up, her hair looks perfect, makeup, her outfit is incredibly flattering. Who is this girl before her? Or better yet, who was that girl from last night? Who is Camila? The sight of the smaller girl completely throws Lauren off balance.

The green eyed girl quickly composes herself, keeping her poker face as she walks calmly to her seat. Out of the corner of her eye she sees Camila's eyebrows furrow together in what? Confusion? Guilt? Lauren shakes off the thought, she's sure it's nothing, it seems like Camila doesn't even care, she didn't even care enough to tell her when she left or why she left. Did Lauren do something wrong? The dark haired girl slumps her shoulders as she feels a set of brown eyes gazing at her back.

Lauren takes her time in exiting her writing class, taking the time to procrastinate getting to her next class. She's the third to last person to leave and as her eyes scan the hall they immediately fall on the scene across the hall. Backed against the corner of a hall is Camila, the boy she identified as Daniel from yesterday has his body tightly pressed against hers, his lips were loosely roaming the girl's neck. Camila just tilted her head to the side with her eyes closed, giving the boy easier access.