19

"Lauren?"

The raven haired girl can feel her heart stop. She hesitantly disconnects her lips from Camila's and she instantly took in the anxious expression on her girlfriends features. This was it. Lauren could easily tell by Camila's facial features that her ex-girlfriend was behind her. That and the fact that she's been expecting her appearance all day, what struck Lauren with a twinge of happiness was that she was just forgetting what her voice sounded like.

She gave her girlfriend a reassuring smile before lacing their fingers together. Lauren inhaled a deep breath before slowly letting it out, why was she so nervous? She wasn't worried about any old feelings coming back up, she knew that she was devoted to the girl holding her hand and no one could change that. Hell, there wasn't anything to be nervous about other than how Camila could possibly handle the conversation. She was truthfully only worried about Camila's reaction, nothing Kenzie could say or do.

In one swift move she ripped the bandage off. Lauren turned to let her eyes land on her ex, the ghostly remnants of her past. She couldn't help the sinking feeling in her chest as she looked over the girl, not much had changed, after all it had only been months since she had seen Kenzie. Camila felt her hand clenched in Lauren's grip so she took a supportive step forwards to be side by side with the green eyed girl. The look of shock nor fear or anger didn't inhabit her features and thankfully the look of want didn't cross her features either. Instead it was relief. Lauren felt undeniably relieved at the steady beat of her heart. Kenzie no longer had control over that part of her emotions and Lauren was thankful for the girl clutching onto her hand.

One of Camila's biggest fears over this encounter was the initial shock and how Lauren would react. She didn't want to see her features overcome by sweet memories and the general lust for Kenzie. Camila was aware of how beautiful the blonde was, she was taller and her features were flawless with the perfect body and long legs and perfectly curled hair. Camila felt a strong squeeze around her hand and in that instant she knew it would be okay, she had no reason to worry.

"Hey Lauren," Kenzie smirked as she took a couple steps forward before noticing Camila on her arm. "Hey Hickies," The blonde's nickname holding truth as Camila's collarbones expose marks of lust from their earlier actions before class. The smaller girl awkwardly adjusting the placement of her jacket to hide the marks of affection while in the presence of Lauren's ex. Kenzie made things weird enough, she didn't need to comment on the marks that Camila adorned.

Lauren arches an eyebrow before Kenzie continues. "Now I see where you get them from," She lightly chuckles.

"That's new," She's now addressing Lauren.

The older girl simply shrugs as she pulls Camila further into her body. "I can't help it around Camila." Lauren is sure to correct Kenzie's use of the nickname when speaking of her girlfriend.

Kenzie nods her head as her eyes graze over Camila. "That didn't used to be one of your little quirks with me."

"You were never really mine," Lauren shrugs. This conversation was becoming easier than Lauren thought it would be. Seeing how bitchy Kenzie is only makes Lauren feel deeper things for Camila. Maybe the blonde was doing the pair a favor by visiting.

Kenzie scrunches up her eyebrows slightly. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"As if it's any of your concern," Lauren rolls her eyes. "It feels good to mark someone I deeply care about as mine, as I'm hers of course." The older girls eyes were trained on her girlfriend with pure affection in her eyes. "That was something I could never do with you," Lauren then turns to face her ex with her words. "You never wanted to be mine."