24

Lauren awakes to a particularly painful cramp in her neck. She cringes as her eyes squint to the early morning sun peeking through the hall window.

Confusion inhabits her mind before memories of yesterday flood her mind. Dread washes over the confusion as a heavy weight fills her chest at the thought of the broken girl. Lauren jolts up, peering over her shoulder at the now cracked door that she fell asleep against last night. She stands to her feet, carefully passing through the threshold into Ally's room.

"Camz?" The raven haired girl whispers before her eyes take in the neatly made bed. A huff escapes her lips before she drags her tired body off to the kitchen.

She's met with three sad glances from her best friends which she responds to with an eye roll. "Don't look at me with your pity," Lauren huffs as she reaches for a mug to begin making herself some coffee.

"Don't worry you don't have my pity," Dinah sarcastically replied.

"Dinah Jane!" Ally scolds.

"Lauren hates pity!" Dinah retorts with scrunched up eyebrows and a finger pointed in the raven haired girls direction.

"Thank you, DJ," Lauren rasped out as she mixed sugar into her coffee.

"What even happened yesterday?" Normani intervened.

"Before I answer, where did Camz go?"

"She said she was getting an early start to school," Ally sighed as she eyed the exhausted expression on her best friend's face.

"Now, spill."

With a dramatic sigh, Lauren began the short version of her story. "Camila's class ran over and I was standing outside waiting for her when Kenzie approached me."

"Kenzie?!" All three exclaimed.

"Yeah."

"What the hell is she doing here?" Normani questioned with force.

"Apparently trying to 'get me back.' She tried talking me into it, saying that we were inevitable, which disgusted me. She thinks we're meant to be when she's bored and no one else wants her." Lauren scoffed as she thought back on old memories with the blonde. She followed Kenzie no matter what, it made her sick now to think back on how she blindly chased a girl that couldn't care less about her heart.

"That stupid bitch," Dinah huffed as she crossed her arms. "Continue."

"She kissed me."

"Excuse me?!" Dinah quickly interjected with wide eyes.

"Dinah shut up and let her finish!" Normani groaned with annoyance.

Dinah poised herself before she let Lauren continue. "She kissed me and I pushed her away as soon as I registered what was happening. Camila saw her kiss me and ran off."

"What did you do?" Ally questions with curiosity.

"I pushed Kenzie against the wall and yelled at her."

"That's all? I would've beat her dumb ass! Hell maybe I should run by and see if she's around. I'll finish what you started." Dinah stands with a determined look in her eye.

"No you will not go to Lauren's school and cause a scene." Ally sternly warned the younger girl, causing Dinah to take a step back.

"So Camila thinks you cheated and that's why she's avoiding you?" Normani questions.

"Yeah, I need to find her and make her listen to me. I can't lose her." Lauren nearly whispers before taking a small sip of her coffee. "I hate her thinking that I would hurt her like that when I promised I would ever be the people she's dated in the past."