6

Lauren groggily wakes up to the familiar sound of her ringtone. She quickly realizes she fell asleep sketching. She glances at the clock, 10:27. She sighs before picking up her phone and answering.

"Hello?"

"Well goodness we thought you were like dead to the world," Ally laughs on the other end of the line.

"Technically I am," Lauren laughs, "I feel like a zombie after that nap. What's up?"

"Well we didn't mean to disturb you," Ally begins but is quickly cut off by Dinah in the background

"Lauren we don't care!"

Lauren rolls her eyes, quickly noticing that her friends can't see her performing the action.

"Anyways!" Ally begins. "We went to get pizza and when we came back we saw a certain someone sitting out front on the steps." Ally nervously states.

"Is it that homeless guy that stole my fries that one day?" Lauren sarcastically remarks.

Upon this a struggle is heard from Ally's end of the line. "No jackass your little hookup from last night!" Dinah squeals as she steals the phone from the older girl.

Oh God.

"Dang it Dinah!" Ally shouts as she takes the phone back. "But yeah Lauren, we just wanted to tell you, it's pretty windy out there and it didn't look like she had a coat or anything..." Ally drifts off, she was so compassionate for everyone.

"I'm on it," Lauren sighs, hanging up the phone. Before she runs out of the door she quickly backtracks to the bathroom, picking up the flannel she flung earlier in the morning.

Why the hell would she still be here? Why was she outside? Lauren eagerly pushes the elevator buttons, she curses under her breath at the slow pace of the elevator. Once it stops on the third floor to let a couple in, she slips up a little. "Fuck!" She exclaims, quickly rushing them on. "Ground floor, yeah? Good." Lauren quickly slams her hand against the button to close the door. She could easily feel their eyes on her, God they probably think she's crazy.

As soon as the doors open Lauren races for the front doors. Why is she in such a rush? Once she's met with the crisp fall air she inhales a sharp breath. It's freezing out here. Green eyes whip around, scanning the steps until she spots a little figure curled up, peering out onto the street.

Lauren quickly runs up to her side, dropping to her knees by Camila. "What the hell, are you insane?" Lauren gasps, engulfing Camila in the flannel, Jesus Christ, she felt like ice. Lauren wraps her arms around the smaller girl, "Camila, look at me." Lauren commands, worry laced in her tone.

Lauren's finger tilts the smaller girl's face towards Lauren, her eyes were red and puffy, she's been crying. "Camila," Lauren's raspy voice mutters. "Why are you out here?"

Camila instantly begins to get shaky, trying to pull away from Lauren's hold, the green eyed girl isn't having it. "Hey, hey, no." Lauren's grip tightens on the girl. "Talk to me."

"I don't have anywhere else to go," her voice squeaks, tears begin falling across her cheeks, Lauren could easily feel her heart breaking. "I can't go back to my apartment, that's Daniel's. I can't go back there Lauren I can't, I can't." Camila mumbles, her heart instantly beginning to race at the thought.

"Camila," Lauren pulls the younger girl to her chest, she instantly feels Camila nuzzle up against her neck. "You don't have to go back, you don't ever have to go back, okay?" Lauren pulls away, trying to get a response from the girl.

"Where am I going to go? Fuck, I'm so fucking stupid Lauren," The girl quietly sobs into her hands, Lauren's chest tightens at the sight before her. Maybe she wasn't lying last night, maybe Daniel seriously did fuck up, but what did he do?